Neons have something weird going on around tail

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
I didn't and I think he died. But, they died because my betta ate them. Yikes. :(. Good luck though! I'd maybe do a small water change in between your weekly ones to see if it gets better.

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
I can put the inverts in the 10 gal during treatment. The info says a treatment is a week, so they can live with it for that long.

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
Should I treat for flukes AND fungus, just in case it is a fungus?

KarlTh

AC Members
Feb 15, 2008
No sign of fungus there. I'd say bacteria, probably Aeromonas and/or Pseudomonas.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
I don't see any signs of fungus either. The only reason I am leaning toward flukes is because of your rams. It could easily be bacterial as Karl said as well. You have access to a microscope, could you do a smear?

gmh

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Santa Barbara area
I have had fish show similar minor symptons from time to time. Usually they do just fine on their own. I had an old harlequin rasbora that eventually succommed to those body flukes or whatever it is, it took months to gradually get worse but he was 4 years old and was probably going to die of something anyway. It never spread to the other fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store