New 135 build sps dominated

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rudy

Over my head
Dec 3, 2002
MA
Visit site
Sweet. :dance:

Great work.

May I ask where you obtained your Closed Loop returns?

TomToro

The Old Guy
Oct 21, 2006
Michigan
s122.photobucket.com
Sweet. :dance:

Great work.

May I ask where you obtained your Closed Loop returns?
Thanks Ace and Rudy,

Rudy,
I made the CL returns out of a black pvc male threaded tee and two female threaded hose barbs. All 1". I cut the hose barbs off at the base and they came out looking kind of cool. I used teflon tape on all three connections so they can be adjusted up/down or left/right.
Thanks for asking,
Tom

kcress

AC Members
Apr 9, 2005
Dang! nice job!! Wow. Very clean. Nice plumbing!

Who has two fish rooms backing two walls in one room?!?

Mix some hot with your cold feedstock with a valve and your tank will be full in a day. You want about 85F water to get good throughput.

Alternatively use 25 feet of 1/4" tubing in a five gallon pail that you throw 2 or 3 heaters into set for 90F to feed your RO unit.

GregAW

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Sacramento, CA, USA
Thanks Ace and Rudy,

Rudy,
I made the CL returns out of a black pvc male threaded tee and two female threaded hose barbs. All 1". I cut the hose barbs off at the base and they came out looking kind of cool. I used teflon tape on all three connections so they can be adjusted up/down or left/right.
Thanks for asking,
Tom
Tom, How about taking a photo of the CL system. Tank looks great!

Greg

TomToro

The Old Guy
Oct 21, 2006
Michigan
s122.photobucket.com
Tom, How about taking a photo of the CL system. Tank looks great!

Greg
Here's a couple that I took while building:
The first two pipes are the overflows the next four are the cl hooked up to a manifold and the last two are the other side overflows.

Here's the dart that powers it. Not as much flow as I thought, but definitely gets the water moving. I may swap out to a pressure rated pump if after all is said and done it's anemic.

Here's the manifold with alternating valves:

Here's a pic of the nozzle closeup:

This the closed loop only view from the top of the tank:

Now I'd like to take full credit for this, but my good buddy Dent helped me greatly. I'd have to say it would've looked a lot less organized if I'd done it alone and really couldn't have done this without him.

TomToro

The Old Guy
Oct 21, 2006
Michigan
s122.photobucket.com
!

That's a great idea! I do put an extension of my ro tubing in the 240 sump, but it's only 78 degrees in there. I never thought about doing that with this fill. Thanks for the good words and great idea!

Dang! nice job!! Wow. Very clean. Nice plumbing!

Who has two fish rooms backing two walls in one room?!?

Mix some hot with your cold feedstock with a valve and your tank will be full in a day. You want about 85F water to get good throughput.

Alternatively use 25 feet of 1/4" tubing in a five gallon pail that you throw 2 or 3 heaters into set for 90F to feed your RO unit.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store