New 135 build sps dominated

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Absolutely great!

Rudy

Over my head
Dec 3, 2002
MA
Visit site
Wow talk about a neat a clean job. I feel unworthy.

Very nicely done :)

TomToro

The Old Guy
Oct 21, 2006
Michigan
s122.photobucket.com
Wow talk about a neat a clean job. I feel unworthy.

Very nicely done :)
Thanks very much! I've seen your setup. You're worthy and then some.

Last night the ro water was finally done filling and the salt went in. The dry rock will go into the sump on the rack above the dry sand today and the hunt for just the right LR will start tomorrow. Yes!

TomToro

The Old Guy
Oct 21, 2006
Michigan
s122.photobucket.com
Today was a good day. I bought about 200lbs + of nice seasoned LR for the tank and sump. It was an all day affair, but luckily my son came with me to Grand Blanc and then to Riverview. Long day, but well worth it.

Chris, thanks again for the Christmas gift!

Shane excellent LR too and nice deal.

Here's how my son and I set it up in the dt so the CL can do it's job. A little contrived, but hopefully not too much. His reward was about 20lbs of very nice show pieces for his 24 nano. Oh, and he gets to use all my equipment including the salt.

Those aren't my lights. Just the lights in the fishroom. Haven't bought them yet.

Thanks for checking it out.

Tom Toro

TomToro

The Old Guy
Oct 21, 2006
Michigan
s122.photobucket.com
Lumenbright mini reflectors and yes, the livestock. I'm getting impatient already.

Rudy

Over my head
Dec 3, 2002
MA
Visit site
Lumenbright mini reflectors and yes, the livestock. I'm getting impatient already.

LOL. Glad to hear I am not alone.

This hobby I have been a part of to some extent since my childhood (5 gal aquarium with drag-net caught fish from a local pond) has taught me me much in the way of patience.

I have seen a quote about our hobby which states, "Nothing good happens fast" I think this particularly applies to saltwater and reef systems, but aquaria in general.

The good news is, it has been my personal experience that patience and moving forward slowly brings great results. :)

But, it is oh so very trying. :evil_lol:

powerkit

Spiral OUT
Oct 23, 2008
Memphis
www.myspace.com
Great thread!! Great set up. yes i agree that the more time you spend on something the more time you spend appreciating it. you are doing an amazing job!!!!

TomToro

The Old Guy
Oct 21, 2006
Michigan
s122.photobucket.com
Great thread!! Great set up. yes i agree that the more time you spend on something the more time you spend appreciating it. you are doing an amazing job!!!!

Thanks Powerkit!

I agree Rudy. My buddy had to slow me down a lot of times, but he's a perfectionist and it's wearing off on me. LOL

TomToro

The Old Guy
Oct 21, 2006
Michigan
s122.photobucket.com
The pendants came today and are installed. I positioned them 12" from the center of the bulb to the water line. They wanted 14.5", but it was shadowing quite a bit. I'm running 175w Iwasaki 15k w/ magnetic Hamilton ballasts. I'm also temporarily running 3 x 55w pc actinics until I can get my vho up and running. Here's some pics:

Here's the ballast setup:

Here's the light pendants Lumenbright Minis
'

Here's the front with all lights on:

Thanks for looking,
Tom Toro

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store