New 265 Gallon Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ZBT3091

ZBT3091
Feb 21, 2005
LI, New York
I have a 265 gallon tank so is that big enough for 2 RB Pacus, an Oscar, 2 Severums, 2 Blood Parrots, and a Polypterus in the long run????? Yes or no? ALso i would like an Arowana...How about a couple of Motoro Stingrays? I would also like a Siamese Tiger Fish...? Maybe a clown knife??? African Knife??? Wolf Tetra...? I know i cannot add all of these fish but which should i add? What would you do? Keep in mind i have a bunch of fish already. All of the fish i have...or most of them are set up in an amazonian tank...Subdued lighting, sand substrate, bogwood, the good stuff...Which of the fish can i add??? How many MotoroS????

--Zach T.--

ChileRelleno

500+ jumps-n-counting,SKYDIVE!
Feb 10, 2005
Mobile, AL
:troll:

Jtd724

Karma Its everywhere you want to be
Jan 23, 2005
New Jersey, NYC Metro
I think the theme was you can't add anything else. the fish you have now looks like enough. from the replies I see.

tlaug

AC Members
Feb 14, 2005
A freshwater stingray would be cool, just take a sharp knife and fillet the pacus add a little lemon pepper and cook? :D

Seattle206

lets get blown...
Oct 27, 2004
Seattle, WA
Cut the pacus up into ribs and bbq them. Thats how the south americans do it.

Bmeasure

Humble disciple of Jesus Christ
Aug 6, 2004
Savannah, GA.
Visit site
I have a 265 gallon tank so is that big enough for 2 RB Pacus, an Oscar, 2 Severums, 2 Blood Parrots, and a Polypterus in the long run????? Yes or no?
-----------
In short....NO! I have seen fully grown Pacus, and their is no way these fish will be "happy" as Seattle said "just living" in a tank crowded with other large fish. Think about where these fish come from, the size they get, and their normal swimming behavior. If their normal behavior was to hide in a cave all day and wait for food, then I would say yes! The fact is they do NOT. Even a fully grown Oscar should have at least 100 gallons to truely act naturally and grow normally. If the question you want to ask is "will all these fish survive in this tank?"....I might say yes if you were strict on your water changes and maintenance, but adding more fish only complicates this more. The fish you named will struggle enough as is!

AikidoGuy

Cichlidiot
Jul 3, 2001
Sparta, New Jersey
In that 265gallon tank you could "keep" the Oscar, 2 Severums, and the 2 Blood Parrots.

If it were mine I'd "add" A single pleco of some type. and maybe a few (3-4) silver dollars or tinfoil barbs.

The Pacu and ALL else listed are OUT.

MoJo

AC Members
Sep 2, 1998
Dallas, PA
www.aquamojo.com
Here's Brutus. In the background you can see a full grown Red Devil and to the right an Argentae.

A close up of "the hole". You could stick your fist in that mouth.

To answer your question...sure, you could fit all of those fish in the 265. Hell, if you stack them ust right you could squeeze a tuna in there as well.

The difference is ultimately thrive or survive.

Bmeasure

Humble disciple of Jesus Christ
Aug 6, 2004
Savannah, GA.
Visit site
MoJo said:
if you stack them ust right you could squeeze a tuna in there as well.
:laugh: Hilarious - that made my day!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store