New 265 Gallon Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Amazontankz

AC Members
Jan 23, 2005
There is no reason to get aggressive here. I'm pretty sure that Zach will get the idea.

Zach, it is very responsible of you to have bought a larger (much larger) tank for your fish. However, like many people here have said and it is my opinion also, that without the pacu you would be doing fine with the 265 and would have a lot more options for stocking. With the pacu your stocking options are 0. Two grown pacu will dwarf a 265g and IMO any practical size tank out there. I sugggest getting rid of the pacu (not eating them...) and focus on all the possibilities you will have once you do so.

TONO

AC Members
Jan 5, 2005
**** man Pacu taste real good, just cook them up when they get too big. Take it from me I lived in Peru for three years. But just one thing that won't work in the long run. Think of a pacu as being a salmon or some fish that likes to swim and have its space. Its like putting a pink dolphin into pacu ladies pacu tank.(well not that bad but close)

Last edited:

Seattle206

lets get blown...
Oct 27, 2004
Seattle, WA
I dont think its smart to eat a fish that has been exposed to so many chemicals.

But pacus are the shiz-nets when bbq'd. I like how their rib structure arent like other fishes.

TONO

AC Members
Jan 5, 2005
Yeah that probably woudn't be too good, I meant wild Pacu caught right from the amazon.

ZBT3091

ZBT3091
Feb 21, 2005
LI, New York
Good news

:dance Instead of just getting this 265 gallon tank... I have also found an awesome deal on a 125 gallon tank (74x24x30?)! I know that this might make my fish adding alot easier. Which fish should i put in what(1 Oscar, 2 RB Pacus, 2 Blood parrots, 2 Albino Festivums (not Severums!), and 1 polyp. senegalus? What fish can i add to these 3 tanks (30,125,265 galloners)? Now can i possible add the stingrays? What others?

ChileRelleno

500+ jumps-n-counting,SKYDIVE!
Feb 10, 2005
Mobile, AL
Ummmmm... 74"L x 24"W x 30"H = aprox 224 US gallons.

A standard 125 gal tank usually measures,
72"L x 18"W x 22"L or 72"L x 20"W x 20"H

No matter what you do, the RBP's have to go when they are about half grown... Or less.

Tightdog1

Chinaman Can!
Sep 2, 2002
Clayton/Concord, CA
I used to have 2 RB pacus. and they were some bad @$$e$ if ya know what i mean, they will break eveyhting in the tank. and a 265 will prob be jsut enough for ONLY the pacus, they do get to be like 2 feet long in captivity, and if you havent noticed already they are VERY fast swimmers and CAN and WILL jump outta the tank if they get scared. I had 1 jump out and land on my bed while i was sleeping, the bed is about 6 feet away from the tank, so they can jump. They also eat like poigs you will need to have the brest filtration you can buy, like the 2 of the large EHIEM filters, not sure on the model but the ones that are for about 200g tanks.

IMO pacus are not meant for the home aquaria unless you have a pond or huge tank (500g+) becuase they are such fast swimmers and can splash gallons and gallons of water out of the tank. Id recommend getting rid of pacus as fast as you can because after they get about 6" LFS dont really want them because they cannot sell them to any1. one word, Experience.

Last edited:

TONO

AC Members
Jan 5, 2005
man you must have ****e ur pants when that thing landed on you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store