New 265 Gallon Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ZBT3091

ZBT3091
Feb 21, 2005
LI, New York
Well if i do use the 265 for ONLY the Pacus, i also have a 125 and a 30 gallon tank with 2 Festivums, 2 Blood Parrots, and 1 Oscar! Who else can i add? Arowana? Stingray? Datnoids? Gars?

Raskolnikov

AC Members
Jan 2, 2005
ZBT3091 said:
Well if i do use the 265 for ONLY the Pacus
...then you'd still have them in too small of a tank. Though if words of experience and actual photos of RBPs don't convince you, I'm sure that I won't either.

ZBT3091 said:
i also have a 125 and a 30 gallon tank with 2 Festivums, 2 Blood Parrots, and 1 Oscar!
Full grown, none of those fish should be in the 30g, so you're maxed on the 125.

ZBT3091 said:
Who else can i add?
Something small for the 30g, like a gourami and some tetras or smaller danios.

ZBT3091 said:
Arowana? Stingray? Datnoids? Gars?
Assuming Pacus in the 265 and the rest of those fish in the 125? No, no, no, and no.

ChileRelleno

500+ jumps-n-counting,SKYDIVE!
Feb 10, 2005
Mobile, AL
I fully concur with Raskolnikov, could'nt have said it better myself ;)

TONO

AC Members
Jan 5, 2005
Sell the 125, 245, and get a 500 then we will start to talk.

frmrreefr

AC Members
Mar 22, 2005
Is it just me, or does it seem like trying to convince this guy about about getting rid of the pacu is as easy as rolling a large boulder up a steep cliff? Hate to say this but, GET THE POINT MAN! Don't be cruel to your fish! I used to have a 350 gal reef with certain angels in there that don't even get to be as large as the some pacus can and they STILL didn't have enough REAL room to swim. Not to mention my tangs and wrasses. My point is that these fish are used to roaming acres if not miles of blackwater rivers and a little 265 gal tank AIN'T GONNA DO IT! Please for the love of god, donate that pacu to some one with enough room to PROPERLY house it and get youself something that will stay small enough to actually have room to swim freely, grow and act naturally.

But that's just my .02 and who knows I might be wrong......

Analog Saint

AC Members
Aug 25, 2004
Washington, DC
Heh, I've seen pacus at most every Petsmart I've been to... I've yet to see them at genuine fish specialty stores that care about their stock. Coincidence?

edit: oh wait, at my favourite shop, they had a pacu donated... and that thing was enormous... they said it wasn't for sale, but if you could show proof of a 300+ gallon tank or heated pond, it was yours for free. Wonder how they transport that thing?

NikkO

AC Members
Feb 4, 2004
Santa Clarita,Ca
Visit site
Probably a few,in any, of the genuine FS will ask the customer about what they'll be tanking care of their pacus in. That would be a fish store you can count on for advice.
Wonder how they transport that thing?
I'm guessing a 30 gal rubbermaid container of some sort.

DHR

AC Members
Feb 25, 2004
New York
Visit site
The pacus are a problem. Otherwise you could easily put a Siamese Tiger Fish in there, and maybe a catfish or 2. I know that 265 gallons is a large tank, but you'll be amazed at how small it ends up seeming. I have a 210 with 2 Oscars, 2 Severums, a Juripari, and a TSN (which will soon have to be housed elsewhere). Even without the TSN I'm pretty much maxed out, especially since the Severums have been spawning -- they keep everyone else at the other end of the tank.

kjd277

AC Members
Jan 27, 2005
Put it this way, I had an arowanna that grew to 4'. So you tell me if that can go in your tank with those fish. Possibly will eat the other fish besides the Pacu.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store