New 75G Up and running

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Looks like a very nice start, Slappy.

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Yep, I have one as well. They are sold under many different names but their latin name is Amblygobius phalaena. It is our favorite fish in the tank, lots of personality. Even the dogs prefer it. I'd have loved to have found a mated pair, you're very lucky.

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"
Very colorful, nice.......:)

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW you tank is Two days old and your corals look like that!!! NICE!!! :joke:

I have a flame hawk and HAD two cleaners and some pepps. I dont see either anymore.......hmmmmmmm Flame always loves to get a big chunk of krill and even rips it out of the mouth of my vlamingi tang LOL, they had tons of personality and its soo cute when they swim down to check out whats happening outside the tank. My g/f and I call our the "dr. suesse fish" just b/c it looks like it came out of one of his books. I think the reason my hawk ate my cleaners is b/c I did not feed the tank enough ( I was at the hospital for a couple of days when my son was born) I kept mine w/ shrimp for about a month, good fish just make sure you have plenty of places for him to hide in and youll be set.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW you tank is Two days old and your corals look like that!!! NICE!!! :joke:
lol. :werd:

To be honest, I'm not all that crazy about the coral replicas...but they're not cheap so I'll probably try to work them into the aquascape with the live rock when it arrives. If it doesn't look good, I may just sell them or keep just a few of the more 'realistic' ones. I had a fake anemone in there as well, but it looked so incredibly fake I had to remove it.

I may try a Hawk and just stick with crabs and snails or a large shrimp like the coral banded. I doubt a hawk would attack emeralds or hermits...or would it?

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I decided to do a little re-aquascaping and removed the eyesore pieces. I hated the big orange one and a few of the 'neon' colored ones. I like it a little better.
I'll fill in all the empty spaces with the live rock and replant the dried seaweed within the rock. Probably will have to stack the rock into columns.
I'll keep the thread updated with more pics as this tank matures.

100_1641.jpg

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Very nice!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store