New bumblebee gobee ~ Hachi

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
I dont think I was all that harsh. Aquarium salt will not replicate a brackish environment. (thats been well established) The other fish in the tank are NOT brackish fish, so advocating making the tank brackish is very poor advice. Perhaps it will do "fine" in freshwater, evrything i have seen is to the contrary however. "fine" refers to long term health, not a day to day observation of the fish. Mabey pacu will provide some information that contridicts anything I have read about these cute lil buggars.

paku

Gimmie a snail. NOW!
Jul 31, 2006
Chattanooga, TN
I have already posted enough links and articles that contridict everything that has been said.

~~~~~however~~~~~
I do have a plan in the works to establish a 30g "MARINE SALT" BW tank where I will have 6 BB gobies (5 + the one i have) and a figure 8 Puffer. As i said earlier, my BB goby is still young, is doing great in FW, eating like a pig, and I will aclimate him slowly up to 1.005-1.010 once the BW 30g is set up.

loaches r cool

Snail Terminator
Feb 15, 2006
Gahanna, Ohio
tristan.homelinux.net
You may already know this but incase you dont what I have heard is to acclimate slowly, even if your going from the same salinity but from aquarium salt to sea salt. For example if your currently at .005 with aquarium salt then you can set up the new brackish tank the same (with aquarium salt) and then put you goby in there when all perameters are as close to the old tank as they can be. Then every week or maybe every few days you can siphon out say 20% of the water and replace it with water with the same salinity but with sea salt. Just dont make the change quick either for salinity or type of salt. Even going between brands of sea salt I have heard you should do gradually. But like I said before, a bb goby isnt going to be as sensetive to these conditions as a reef tank.

Good luck with your goby... When I get my next brackish tank setup I might think about including a bb goby, their pretty neat!

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
Sorry pacu, my last post was more in response to other posters. You have obviously done your research. As I said, information you found contradicts most of the things I know about BBs. I am truly eager to see how this pans out for you. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store