New tank.. what to do with it?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
How about an anemone tank Ace..I have a RBTA with your name on it lol

or a Carpet anemone a nice Blue, Purple or red with a school of perculas ahhh my dream haha

or a schooling tank with anthias, chromis damsels that would also be a site :)

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Naw.. too many things wrong with that idea.. 1. I am not really into anemones anymore.. only the blue carpet does anything for me. I have seen so many RBTAs in the last few years that they are MORE common than a plain old white Condy now. 2. Lighting... I know they require as much light as you can throw at them, and with a $400/mo power bill as it is, I don't want this tank really contributing much more to that, especially in the way of lighting. At most I will put 4 T5HOs on the tank.

I am still up in the air with this tank though.. still a low priority to setup. If the tank does get SW put in it, it is going to be a "species only" type of tank, like the Seahorse/Pipefish idea, or maybe just 1 puffer, although I would probably still feel bad putting my favorite fish in a tank too small for it.

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
Can you say, "Give it to me"? :lipssealedsmilie:

That is an incredible score. How come nothing like that ever happens to me? :wall:

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Have you decidedd on any setup?

A nice FW would go perfect and being a noob isn't always a bad thing, it keeps things fun. You could go "high tech" (CO2, Hi Light, ferts, etc.) for WAY under $300. You could easily do Discus or any other SA Cichlid you like. Want a real unique setup? Keep a few Elephant noses or a Bichir.

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
why not do a guppy tank???????? LOL!!!

gman2012

AC Members
Feb 27, 2008
Pasadena, MD
Have you thought about going the opposite of your Reef tank. Look at a predator tank with some dwarf lions, stone fish, angler, frog or toad fish... Or look at a smaller Grouper, Blue Line or spot, Miniatus with maybe a sailfin tang. I had a blue line that had a lot of personality and he was pretty easy to take care of. Just a thought.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
I did a predator.. actually, 2 predator tanks for 7 years. That was my first leap into the SW area. That is probably the main reason that the Porcupine Puffer is my all time favorite fish... had one for many years and it really was like a dog to me.. it was so friendly it would come to the surface and let to rub its chin and get so happy wagging his tail when you did. Coolest fish EVER! :)

Kind of why I am thinking of going with a planted FW .. really get back to the roots. I did FW for such a short time, and when I did, planted really wasn't an option in the early 90's.. plastic plants, painted rock, and treasure chest with air tubing was about as "natural" as it came when I was into FW.

catnipgal

Here Fishy Fishy
Jun 26, 2008
Chicago - Windy City, USA
How about a shark tank?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store