OMG!!! My Plecos eyes are gone!!! AHHHH!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
Jeez--I've never seen anything like that. I'd be freakin out too! I hope he's okay.

VivaLaVics

*blub bubble*
Oct 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
I think he will be... here are pics of him in the 30 gallon QT lol... He wont be leavng 'til he's 100%

(he's on the bottom left hand corner of the tank)

Its on the floor because I bought this in a hurry... 3 hours after I saw his condition.

(I know I'm OCD on this thread.. but it's really pulling my heart strings and it feels better to post about it.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
We all understand how it felt to see this happen. I would have been just as upset as you were.. I always hate to see a fish suffer. He'll be okay, though. You've done all the right things. Hang in there and the best of luck.

VivaLaVics

*blub bubble*
Oct 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
Thanks for the support. I think I'm done with Cichlids. I can't handle the fact that they just did that to the pleco. We have re-named him "Daredevil" after the blind superhero! OH YEA!

There are more passive cichilds I think I'll keep- like the Victoria Lakes but my heart just isn't as big for the Mbuna and such now that they did that to "Daredevil"...

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
I'm so sorry for your poor little pleco. I hope he will be alright. I'm pulling for him.

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
OMG!! I'm so happy for you.:headbang2: I can imagine how you feel for this little guy and your joy at this hopeful sign.

I went to your youtube link and saw him dance. Just the cutest sweetest thing.

Last edited:

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
Hey Sara, I'm sure you already thought of this, but if you haven't done so already you should add some filter media from your other tank to the 30 gallon with your pleco. Even though you are doing daily water changes for him, if would probably help. Best of luck!!!

Dreaded0ne

AC Members
Mar 18, 2009
Northwest US
Quite a journey for your poor little Daredevil, hopefully when this is all over he will be back to headbanging and tail wiggling to music. I feel bad for the poor fellow, though it seems you are taking every step you can to make him better and happy. Glad he has decided to eat and press onward. Hope everything turns out well. :thm:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store