One fish to rule them all!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

waldo12

AC Members
Jul 20, 2010
Thats an awesome betta, I really like the blue sheen on the black. I might get a betta now :D Good job on taking care of the guy, he looked famished in the first pics.

Amour, the bloated look is probably because he wasn't very well fed (in the first few pictures, the width of his head is greater than the width of his body o_O) before fishycat got him.

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Thanks, guys! You're right Waldo, his tummy is just full of hikari pellets! :D Today I put in some crushed flake for the few Endlers left in there, and he ate most of it. :rolleyes: I may move him to a tank in my bedroom so we can enjoy him more... harder to go visit him in his living room corner.

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Update

Nazzy has picked up some weight but is still a little proportionately off... I hope it's not stunting. He eats like a pig, per the norm for bettas. I'm trying to focus on regular, hardy feedings to see if I can get him to put on more tail muscle. He'll eat 4 pellets and *poof* his tummy is bulging!

These pics were taken before feeding - see him trying to use his powers on me in that first pic? "Feed me, filthy human!" :p:
111610 dump 265.jpg

111610 dump 269.jpg

111610 dump 274.jpg

I recently switched to a sponge filter but I'm surprised he doesn't flare out his fins much (versus my other crowntails). It's easier to take pics of him now, tho - and he does flare out a little so I can get better shots. :D

111610 dump 265.jpg 111610 dump 269.jpg 111610 dump 274.jpg

Sparkxx

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Scotland *shivers*
030 pwetty fish, nazzy xD
he is one of the prettiest bettas ever! I saw a brown betta with a dusky yellow tail :O I wanted him, but it would be selfish to put him with my guppy and dwarf gourami xD

wanabedriver

AC Members
Mar 5, 2010
Very nice betta. Are you willing to reveal which lfs he is from? I might have to stop by when I go home for the holidays.

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Got him from Pets Plus in town (bottom of Ward Ave). I hate that they keep most of their bettas in Starbucks bottles... But they do have some pretty ones. Wanabe, I'd rec you hit Aquascapes in Aiea if you want to see some gorgeous bettas!

Thanks, sparkxx :)

moi-eater

AC Members
Jun 9, 2006
Garden Island
First time I have seen a black betta, and named Nazgul on top of that. Very nice! :thumbsup:

On a side note, gonna be hitting up Aquascapes this weekend. :grinyes:

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
First time I have seen a black betta, and named Nazgul on top of that. Very nice! :thumbsup:

On a side note, gonna be hitting up Aquascapes this weekend. :grinyes:
Thanks :) Pets Plus always has black orchids, but as you can see their fins are not the best. I thought his crimped dorsal rays would straighten out once out of the bottle, but they're still crooked.

Not sure if I caught before that you're from Hawaii (I know there's a few of us floating around here) - but I do remember seeing your name and wondering. :) I like moi steamed chinese style with lots of ginger & cilantro! Anyway, have fun at Aquascapes! It's been awhile since I've visited... resisting the urge to add to my CPD school.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store