Oscar...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
trust me, you are not going to want sand in an oscar tank! lol. i had sand in my O's tank for a while and every time he decided to 'play' there was a dang sand cloud all over the tank, and it got into the filters like crazy. gravel or bare bottom for all oscar tanks for me.

Southern Rebel

AC Members
Apr 28, 2012
Well had my oscar for 8 days so far...so far no probs with sand...he is scared as hell, hiding, won't eat, he's eaten half a worm in 8days that's about it...I didn't know oscars were so scared and shy...kinda diappointed

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
Well had my oscar for 8 days so far...so far no probs with sand...he is scared as hell, hiding, won't eat, he's eaten half a worm in 8days that's about it...I didn't know oscars were so scared and shy...kinda diappointed

you just got it right? let it settle in. its stressed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

BettaFishMommy

Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
keep the lights off, or only light one side of the tank so that your O can relax in the darker side.

oscars have big personalities and they will sulk for the littlest thing. he's sulking due to the huge upheaval of his world right now. give him time, he'll come around.

one thing i found helped with my O when i got him was to give just the teensiest bit of food every time i was by the tank. this taught him that the big bad human gave yummy things, and now every time i pass the tank my O begs like crazy, lol. got him in spring of 2009. nowadays i can put my hand in the tank and pet him and even hold him still in the water. he doesn't mind one bit.

Southern Rebel

AC Members
Apr 28, 2012
He goes to the top stares at the top of the water waiting for food it seems...I don't understand why he hides when I get near to feed him..and ill drop food in and he won't eat it...lol he's tricking me

BettaFishMommy

Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
you are how many times bigger than him? he's scared. as i mentioned, his world is all brand new, and his environment is one he has never known before. he'll settle in in time.

try frozen bloodworms, my oscar loves them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store