Overflow/return pump

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nycsicktank

AC Members
Oct 20, 2005
nyc

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
before i can answer this, whats your drain bulkhead size?

yes. you might need to T cause it has 800 GPH at 4'
First one....WHAT??? I don't know, what is my drain bulkhead???

Second how do I T?

nycsicktank

AC Members
Oct 20, 2005
nyc
opps G i just reread your thread and your going for overflow box. each one does 600 gph so yes your right! heh

second, heres a funky pic of my return pump set up. LMK if anything confuses you

when i meant T, i meant with the PVC T.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
LOL....IF anything confuses me, NYC....haven't you figured it out by now, pretty much everything confuses me, until I get to doing it...LMAO!!!

Well, once I get things I can figure it all out, I just need to know what I'm ordering first then go from there, it will most likely be Monday before I order anything and hopefully I am able to order both the overflow and pump then.

Thank you!

Ryan45

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
With the lifereef 600 GPH I would go with a Mag 7 or Eheim 1260. A 9.5 might be too much flow.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
With the lifereef 600 GPH I would go with a Mag 7 or Eheim 1260. A 9.5 might be too much flow.
Ok, that is what I was wondering about kinda....the GPH

TEL

AC Members
Apr 11, 2007
Brisbane Australia
My pump pushes so much water i put a T pice and a tap inline and this will give me enough pressure to run my chiller when i get one.Buy the way great skimmer I have the Octopus NW-110-6520 So let me know how it gose because yours will be up and running befor mine

dolfans1

I'm a victim of coicumstance!
Jun 15, 2005
Safety Harbor, FL
That pump is probably more powerful than you need. It's rated at 750 gph at 5', which I'll guestimate is your tank height. If your overflow box is rated at 600 gph, you'll be pumping water out of your sump faster than it will fill, and your sump will run dry (and you might overflow your tank!).

You could split the return and have a portion of it going back into the sump, or get 2 overflow boxes, or drop down to something like a Mag Drive 7.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store