Painting the back of a tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Ok, I DO NOT like it! This is only the first coat...but it looks NOTHING like the color it was suppose to be..

Here it was to start with...

what the paint was suppose to look like...

Now what it DID look like...

will it look more like the color I wanted after another couple coats?? Or should I just say to heck with it buy black and start over...what if I get black and add it for the next coat would it make the blue darker?

BoredAgain

Cubs in '10
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
I can't really say what will look better, I'm biased toward black. I will say that mine looked better after a few coats...but I could see through mine on the first couple. It will always look lighter under the lights, so maybe you should just start over with some black....but it doesn't look bad right now.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
If using spray paint, Lady, it will take several coats, even with a high quality paint. Doesn't look like a 'dark" blue to me.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Well, I am not really happy with it but it will have to do for now, I have added two more coats and it really is nothing like the color it was suppose to be...but I'm frustrated and don't care at the moment (LOL)!

Anyway, there is all kinds of stuff floating around from moving the filters around..but here is the end result...I will not be doing the rest of my tanks with this color...going with black I believe! I am hoping once I get the rock work rearranged and add plants it may look better.

IMG_0466.JPG

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
looks fine.... looks like the color i have a couple of mine.
Yeah, now that I am looking at it more..I think it is ok, I was just disappointed I think cause it really is nothing like the color I thought it was going to be..it was suppose to be more like a midnight blue (stargaze was the name of it). I may use it on 2 of my betta tanks since they have blue stones in the bottom, but I think for my SW and my other tanks I will use the black.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
LOL, and be expecting a pm soon about plants....as you can see I REALLY need some!!!

johnlarson66

These Pandas Rock
Sep 25, 2006
Fayetteville, NC
www.facebook.com
Real Name
John Larson
I just use cheap spray paint. Because you are seeing the backside of the paint, I think it will come up different.

What you could do is get some small pieces of glass and take them to a hardware store and test them out.

btw, I think it looks good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store