PBJ anyone?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishyaddict

AC Members
Jan 25, 2006
Auburn, NY
My 9 year old son just made me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich today (was so cute when he gave it to me). Anyway, it got me wondering who still eats them. I still love them at 30yrs., always have, and know some people that are in the same boat, but also some that dont want anything to do with it.

Sooo who else still indulges in these sticky childhood sandwiches????? :bday:

Larissa

Katherine Hope
Jun 9, 2005
brenham, tx
I still eat them. Creamy PB on white with strawberry jam or grape jelly. When I was pregnant with my last baby I ate them all the time. My dad still eats two of them almost every night with a huge glass of milk and fritos and bean dip or french onion dip.

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle
Yep, the whole household here is addicted. AND...when we run out of dog treats, I've been known to give the dogs 1/4 of a PBJ as a treat :rolleyes:
I eat them for breakfast, and the dogs sit right there becasue I have to feed them my crusts.
My favorite? Peter Pan low fat..mmmm. can't stand the full strength stuff anymore.
Have to get crunchy and creamy becasue of the various preferences in the house. Running out of peanut butter is a grocery no-no. I had to send care packages to my daughter in college becasue the grocery store there didn't carry it until recently.

Last edited:

Bitsy

Intelligent,Conservative,Beautiful
Dec 3, 2005
Jenison, MI
www.myspace.com
Mmmmmm, I still love PBJ but I'm picky!!!! The peanut butter has to be Jif!! And the bread has to be toasted. Hmmmm, I think I'm having a craving now..... :dance:

Hurley

aka Bunny13
Oct 2, 2005
Baltimore, Maryland
www.freewebs.com
I ate PBJ everyday at lunch until I left for college, and I mean everyday. When I am home I still make it everyday for lunch. Here at school my schedual is a little crazy so I often go without my beloved sandwhich! I am the only one in my family who eats it with strawberry jelly though, everyone else eats it with grape. I think one of the reason I like PBJ so much is that rather then cut it in half, my dad used to cut it into shapes, like circles, hearts, or stars. Great childhood memory, something I will do with my kids (when I have them that is!).

Genral72

Giver of worthless imformation.
Oct 15, 2005
Pittsburgh
I eat PBJ but only when I have to. I ate it too much a couple years ago and now I'm sick of it.

budrecki

Trust me, it's for your own good.
Dec 17, 2005
Orlando,FL
Wonder white sandwich bread, no substitutes. Crunchy peanut butter, trappist raspberry jam, and *gasp* butter. UMMMMMM

Even my cat Maggie likes it!

fishyaddict

AC Members
Jan 25, 2006
Auburn, NY
That's so cool that it seems a lot of people still enjoy them. I'm gonna have to tell my son. I like the creamy Peter Pan, I used to get the regular smaller size, cuz they tend to be on sale a lot. But we go through it so much, I just get the nice big bucket of it now. I usually alternate jelly, will get sick of one kind all the time.

IMO PBJ is a staple sandwich to have on hand, especially when groceries get low, lol. :thm:

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
I love them. If im out of bread, it goes on a tortilla, if Im out of tortillas, its PB and J in a bowl with a spoon. Out of jelly? skip the bowl and have a big scoop of PB plain. Then we get into the single mom with 5 dependants variations. PBandS (sugar, or syrup) PB and H (honey is expensive except for during the farmers market) PBanBananas, PBandmolasses, PB and powdered lemonaid. I got more but they might bross some people out.

budrecki

Trust me, it's for your own good.
Dec 17, 2005
Orlando,FL
Ooooo, bananas :dance:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store