picture of a possible convict?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ScottoMacD

Charlie and Amanda's Daddy
Dec 21, 2001
Vaudreuil-Dorion, Quebec, Canada
Originally posted by ryan
definately green severum

ryan
I have to agree. After seeing the other pictures. Not a convict.
Green severum.

ScottoMacD

Charlie and Amanda's Daddy
Dec 21, 2001
Vaudreuil-Dorion, Quebec, Canada
Originally posted by scholar
It is definately not anconvict. Looks like a green sevrum which is worth2-3 times a convict! :)
Yes .... BUT it also can get 3 to 4 times the size of a convict.

This could cause a problem if caz doesn't have a suitable tank, or tankmates for that matter.

caz

I'm a Sinker!
Apr 7, 2003
so definately a green severum then huh? poop, i bought two of thouse, 4 bucks a peice, 2 oscars, and one jack, all when they were tiny. i have always wanted the severums, but they do get big, and the reason that i wanted convicts was because of their small but feirce stature. how much would they be worth do you think?

Tightdog1

Chinaman Can!
Sep 2, 2002
Clayton/Concord, CA
with the new pics u postes i can tell you that it is definitely a green severum. which may be good they are fairly tame and like to stay in the middle to top areas of the tank, they get around 8-10" and should have a neutral pH.
** by the way what size tank are they in?**

$$ => they are worth more than convicts i can tell you that much.

Last edited:

caz

I'm a Sinker!
Apr 7, 2003
im not too sure as to what i will do with them. i have been keeping an eye on the sevrums fromt he first time i got into fish keeping. right now they are in a 55 gallon, keep in mind that they are all very small, the largest being about 2 inches. i am trying to get a pair of oscars to breed, but i dont think that i will have much luck. i have two little ones now, and if they dont pair, i will give one back. as far as tank size though, they have plenty of room for now. i have a jack in with the two oscars and two sevrums, and he is not growing fast at all. so i might bring the sevrums and the jack back, and stick to oscars, or possibly get an electric blue jack, although i dont know much about them yet, except that they are really pretty. anyone have any suggestions? i would like to keep my 75 gallon tank, but i think i would be willing to go bigger. i have had an oscar for over 3 years and he is only 9 inches so the 75 suites him well.

caz

I'm a Sinker!
Apr 7, 2003
thanx guys. i brought it to my lfs and he confirmed that it was definately a green sevrum. im not too sure what i want to do now. luckily i caught it while all my fish are young.i had originally hoped that my two oscars would pair up, or when they get mature enough one of them pair up with my 3 year old oscar. think i will have any luck on this? if not, i will probably get rid of one now, and keep the other.

Tightdog1

Chinaman Can!
Sep 2, 2002
Clayton/Concord, CA
if you have an oscar at 9" and two others at 2" and you want to get a pair with the big one i doubt it would work because the old orcar would probably reject the smaller ones because they will always be smaller that the big oscar.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store