planting?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ohbly

AC Members
Feb 9, 2006
New Zealand
nope I meant Ficus pumila a common garden plant.
It can grow very big and needs pruning so that it doesnt overtake the tank.

RichardA

Bettas are not a college frat
May 3, 2008
Oklahoma
I agree, creeping fig is the way to go....easy to grow and cheap....LOL

Home Depot or Lowes should have some.

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
how can i plant a creeping fig?>

what are some epiphytes that are not tillandsia that would work well in my plaud?
are there any epiphitical vines?

cam191919

AC Members
Apr 8, 2008
Tallahassee FL
epiphytic broms, orchids probably wouldnt get flowers but they still look nice, i think ther are vines but they usualy are atached to the ground in some way. creeping fig is practicaly a vine. its that stuff you see on old buildings.
hehe giraffe :grinyes:

cam191919

AC Members
Apr 8, 2008
Tallahassee FL

sorry i got tired of looking back. way i see it plant a creeping fig in the right, plant a variety of epiphytic plants, and fill in some of the gaps with spanish moss. from this picture you already have some tilansia. whats ur general area? here in florida ther are hundreads of epiphytes just outside the door. if you could find one id replace the brom with a giant airplant

Last edited:

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
well the brom died from root rot
i live in new jersey and im pretty sure that there are no epiphytes in my area
i planted a creeping jenny in the hole thats most right, below the tillansia on the right.

my plan is to get the creeping fig and alot of tillansia and fill in the rest with wild moss that i can collect on one of my hikes on streambeds or something.

but what about a strain of peperomia, i was looking on black jungle and i saw that some strains are epiphytic? would this plant be appropiate for my tank?

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
well i have fire bellied toads in there and im putting white cloud mountain minnows in the water

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store