plants feel pain

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rosita

Here
Jan 11, 2006
Cape Fear River Basin
Ya, I remember tests like these being conducted a number of years ago. AND, plants are said to retain their "life force" for a certain number of hours after harvesting, so if you can eat them soon after, they provide you with. . . their life force. Hmmm. . . . does water have a spirit? :huh: To quote the infamous words of Charlie Brown, "Good grief!!!"

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
RockabillyChick said:
.....also, did they test how the plant feels when it is pruned and leaves are removed? i didn't catch that episode, but i wish i had.
They slapped it, cut it , burned it, and tore off leaves. When they did the mental test, both angry thoughts toward the plant, and happy thoughts, showed stimuli.

rwspear76

American By Birth,Soldier By Choice
Jul 5, 2006
Bushnell Illinois
www.geocities.com
fish heads fish heads
roly poly fish heads
fish heads fish heads
eat em up YUM

flyte00

AC Members
Aug 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
www.flyte.org
--Wow, what will the tree-huggers eat now?--

Ah crap, I'ma vegetarian.. does that also give me the status of 'tree-hugger'? I dunno what I'm gonna eat now.
btw- I don't agree with PETA at all (or PETP) :p:

Sarah :)

rwspear76

American By Birth,Soldier By Choice
Jul 5, 2006
Bushnell Illinois
www.geocities.com
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals

cohazard

AC Members
Apr 6, 2004
Visit site
Well.... I just got some spider plant babies from my aunt, and placed one of them in the same pot as my hanging porthos. At least now my porthos wont be lonely while I'm at work I guess....

The blue fin damsels in my SW tank love macro algae/SW plants, so hopefully they don't "think" of eating my hanging plants and hurt the plants feelings.... that would suck.

Has anyone else heard the weezer song "we are all on drugs" ????

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store