Poll On Better Fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishNMusic

AC Members
May 10, 2003
Visit site
What to do from here??

What Should I do?

1.Should I Keep The rocks and add no Shells.
2.Take out all the rocks and add shells.
3.Keep the rocks and and shells. (little,some, a lot)

scott

AC Members
Mar 12, 2003
Georgia
Visit site
Aren't those dimensions 33 gallons? When I built a stand for my twenty L it measured thirty inches if I remember correctly and LWH/231= approximately 33?

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
You'd be right, scott...that changes the dynamic of this discussion quite a bit, now, doesn't it?

FishNMusic

AC Members
May 10, 2003
Visit site
A tad of Confusion Here

I decided To Go with a twenty Long. And i decide to go with the three everyone picked. And i was wondering what to do with my Trio of kribs in my Ten Gallon tank could Anyone tell me which is the best to do?

Thank you

*** Thank You to everyone who is helpping Me

Cloud-9

AC Members
May 11, 2003
Reidsville, GA
Visit site
It seems like your tank is bigger than you thought, FishNMusic. That does change the discussion a little bit. But that still eliminates the Jaguar Cichlid. A mating pair of Jaguars will need more room than that. It can be done simply because cichlids can mate before they're fully mature. This is only short-term confinement though.

You might be able to pull it off with Green Terrors. You certainly can't have a pair of GTs and a community of other fishes in there with them. Just the two would be pushing it.

I believe you can probably house two dempseys in a 36" tank. I kept one in a 48" tank, along with an orange pike and a buttikoferi once. The pike and tilapia were not fully grown, but even so, they were big fish and there was plenty of room. You might be able to pull it off in 36" 30 gal.

Take your tap water into consideration for breeding purposes. That might make the choice for you. Cichlids can live happily in a wide range of ph and hardness, but they may not breed unless those values are close to ideal. If you live where the water is hard and alkaline, go with the Rift Lake cichlids. If you are lucky enough to live where the water has little hardness, then you can go with the south americans. Or you can do what I do and use reverse osmosis to top off the tanks even though I do not breed.

scott

AC Members
Mar 12, 2003
Georgia
Visit site
Okay, first do not get any large CA/SA cichlid, or African for that matter. No Tilapia (will kill everything in a ninety let alone...), no GT, no Jaguar nothing like that. Check out Lake Tanganyika with some of those lakes Childawg gave you. Some shellies with maybe Julidochromis dickfeldi (only keep one dickfeldi) or some Pelvicachromis Dehane or Nyetc, or maybe Julidochromis Transcriptus. Trust me and do about fourty five minutes of research on those sites and you will have your answers. If you want to go SA/CA go with dwarves definately. I would say a single Crencichla Compressiceps and some dithers or maybe some rams or apistos. If you go with a larger fish like the cons, although it is totally and completely possible IMHO it does not showcase the true glory of these fish.

FishNMusic

AC Members
May 10, 2003
Visit site
Thank you

Thanks to youand everyone helpping Me again with my Problem. Jacks are cool fish but i think they are at their prime when they are blue so if i could find A blue dempsy ill put it into consideration

Thank you and thanx to all

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store