Poll On Better Fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

scott

AC Members
Mar 12, 2003
Georgia
Visit site
I think we were writing at the same time and I hope you got to read my post. Blue Dempseys are very, well, weak and are not a good starter fish. They are beautiful though.

FishNMusic

AC Members
May 10, 2003
Visit site
OKay info OVERLOAD

I am going with the Kribensis, convicts, and Yellow haps. In a 20 long or regular 29. the 29 is going to have a sand gravel mixture with rocks and shells with a... the opposite of and underground filter can't think of name. Now can anyone help me wth the
Temp
Ph
Dh (and what does it Mean)

Is this a good thing or Bad

Can anyone help me with a ten gallon tank that holds a trio of Kribs two females and one male

Okay i will also avoid Blue Jacks since I've been informed that they are weak. Thank You Scott.

Thanx to all

FishNMusic

AC Members
May 10, 2003
Visit site
Forgot Something

What about Auratus in the tank with those three types of fish. Also in the tank it would rocks and shells for the sish and other helpful ideas.

Thank you

scott

AC Members
Mar 12, 2003
Georgia
Visit site
Haps need different water from Kribs and Cons. Kribs are from the rainforests of west africa which gives much the same water conditions as the cons, but.....a con will anhilate them in a twenty to thirty gallon tank. Haps are from the rift lakes and need harder water. I would pick one of the three and then ask about temp, ph, and dh(which is degrees hardness and simply a way to measure not the actual scale).

FishNMusic

AC Members
May 10, 2003
Visit site
But earlier

Earlier People Said the Three Haps, cons, and kribs was an okay combination. So what if i went to a 40 breeder with the kribs and cons would that work.

scott

AC Members
Mar 12, 2003
Georgia
Visit site
Well I certainly could be mistaken, but I am pretty sure, Childawg really knows this stuff better than me. A forty breeder is a better tank though. I'll put it this way I had a con take over a 90 and he was at least four inches smaller than the next fish. If you get an alpha male your screwed. If you get a more docile fish it might work out. I would just stay away from them unless you are willing to dedicate a tank to them, which isn't a bad option either. They will show remarkable behavior.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
I said what???

That is not a good combo...I would not have recommended it, I just eliminated the fish that wouldn't work so well.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Let's all step back and recap this discussion, because there is a lot of confusion here. Will you, FishNMusic, please summarize exactly what you've heard about this, so that we can make sure that misinformation has not been given to you?

Jayhawk

AC Members
May 12, 2001
Lawrence, KS
If your tank is 36" long, I think you have a 30 gallon long tank. Most 20 longs are 30" by 12" by 12"...at least I'm pretty sure they are (and I'm too lazy to check).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store