Poll On Better Fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishNMusic

AC Members
May 10, 2003
Visit site
out of all of those only
Kribs
convicts and
the electric yellows

could even fit one comfortably in that tank. though they could breed in it too.
Quote By Demon_surfer

Thats where i got this idea from

Then What fish (cichlid) goes good with a Kribensis?

scott

AC Members
Mar 12, 2003
Georgia
Visit site
You could put in some rams, clown pleco and some top swimmers like tetras or something. Or you could just leave the kribs and watch their behavior more naturally. I think though, if you still wanted a forty breeder, your best option would be a pair of cons.

FishNMusic

AC Members
May 10, 2003
Visit site
What else...

Okay I decided to go with Kribensis in A 20 Gallon Long or a Regular 29 Gallon. The Groud Will Be a Mixture Of playsand and Gravel. The Scenery will have rocks and shells. I will have an above ground filter and a heater.

I also want to know what is a compatiable cichlid with a Kribensis

How Auratus DO WITH kRIBS

FishNMusic

AC Members
May 10, 2003
Visit site
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Male Kribensis is getting thin whil my one Female is getting chubby is This normal the male is also losin his color and that he has a cloudy eye and that Can I save him some how or is he doomed. He is in a breeder net so he gets direct food. He does not eat, and i can see his spine clearly.

Help Me Quick

demon_surfer

MooOOoOOOoO
Jan 28, 2003
Visit site
Hi again, Im sorry i started that confusion. Scott is right, i just meant that out of the fish that you wanted those are the ones that could fit in there, not the ones that could go togehter in there!

FNM i think what you need to do is decide what fish you are going to focus on and then stick with that. you seem to be set on Krib's because you already have them. Im not sure what you can add to those because I dont have any experience with them but we should focus this on what can go with them in their wwater parameters.

On the other hand if you would rather focus on something else then an entirely diffrent combo of fish can be suggested. For example if you would like a tank for the tanganikan shell dwellers we work with that, or maybe the convicts if you would prefer them.

About your ailing Krib, Im not an expert on the illnesses but from second hand info i would hazard a guess and say your male has a parasite of some kind. Or simply is not eating, I have had a couple of fish just stop eating on me recently and im still not sure why. Maybe the female is bullying him away from the food? If you can see his spine it is probably to late to save him though im afraid. Hopefully someone with more experience can come and tell me im totally wrong :(

jimbo

Just love those creatures
May 12, 2003
The Netherlands
Visit site
Re: Thats Alot Of advice

Originally posted by FishNMusic
Ok it sounds like the best bet Would be the Convicts, kribs and possibly The Electric Yellow Haps. And someone said to throw in shells for these fish but i heard they like rocky areas and How about Johannies? would They Work? Also I never really stocked a chilid tank I only kept one species in a tank So could anyone give me a count of each fish for a 20 Gallon long Or a regular 29 Gallon
Johannies are pretty much territorial and just as aggressive towards every other fish in the tank when spawning.
1 male with 2 females will do OK(i hope) in either the 20 or 29 gall.
Which means that these are the only fish in your tank.
The same goes for Electric Yellow Lab.(in fact, for all the malawi's).
All in all to my opinion, keeping Malawi's in a 20-gallon (80 lit.) tank is not the greatest idea you can come up with. If you are determined to keep African cichlids from the Rift Lakes but you lack the space (or the money) for anything bigger than that you should spend some time reading first. You can always keep some shell dwellers and create a very impressive (and viable) tank. Keeping an Oscar (Astronotus ocellatus) in such a tank is not even aesthetically acceptable. Melanochromis auratus and Melanochromis chipokae; Besides being really aggressive, the M. chipokae gets quite big, too (males may reach 17 cm SL in a tank). All these species are to be avoided or kept in a big tank(120 gall) with suitable tankmates. Adding them in a small community (mbuna or not) tank will create problems.
Does this answer your question??

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store