Post Pictures of your Plants

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

reiverix

Aye
Sep 4, 2004
Columbus, OH
Well this photo is about 2 months old. Most of the tank looks the same except the glosso has formed a nice low lying carpet. I also had a lot of die off after being away for 12 days, not just plants :rant: It's starting to pick up again though. Will post new pics when I get time.

Aquabum

Always B itchin
Nov 27, 2004
reiverix,

As always, you have such a beautiful tank. I love the way you can take different species of plants and display them so nicely.

I can't believe your plants were suffering from Ca deficiency not long ago (at least that's what I remember. Please correct me if I'm wrong).

Lissette

:)

new2tanks

AC Members
Feb 18, 2006
t.o
roan,
i heard that Myriophyllum tuberculatum requires high light-is it hard to grow? and whats your wpg for that tank?

kyle3

AC Members
Mar 17, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
this was what my 20 long looked like until i did a light upgrade and added DIY CO2 (that i'm still wrestling with) took out all the rocks, moved some low-lighters out and added lots more plants- always a work in progess right?!

VTwinFanatic

Endlers
Mar 17, 2005
North Carolina
These are pics of my three main planted tanks....a 30gal with 3.2wpg, a 24 Nano Cube that I just recently started and has 3wpg, and my first plant tank a 10gal with 4wpg. There are a variety of plants that inhabit each tank. Ask about anything you see in the tanks.

30gal.JPG Nano Cube.JPG 10gal.JPG

reiverix

Aye
Sep 4, 2004
Columbus, OH
Well this took an age to get together so I hope you all find it worthwhile. I'll also apologize beforehand for not cleaning the tank glass. Didn't notice until I downloaded the photos and I was too lazy to start again :rolleyes:

Ammania gracilis. This plant gets a nice orange/pink shade. A very thick stemmed plant that grows fairly quick. Needs some space.

Who couldn't like anubias. One of the most versatile plants around.

The great thing about anubias is that if you have a fair amount of them, there's always flowers.

Purple cabomba and pennywort.

Close up of the cabomba.

reiverix

Aye
Sep 4, 2004
Columbus, OH
And there's more.....

Chrismas moss. Doesn't attach to objects like the familiar java moss, but seems to grow in columns for me.

Glosso makes a great carpet plant. There's some dwarf hairgrass trying to compete for the space.

Close up of glosso

The famous java moss. You can just see a tiny cherry shrimp fry picking away.

Lobelia has to be one of my favorites. A great fore/midground plant. There's also a dwarf sag right in the center.

Tiger lotus is another popular plant. Great leave shape and very colorful.

reiverix

Aye
Sep 4, 2004
Columbus, OH
And a few more......

Ludwigia glandulosa and Eusteralis stellata. These ones are just starting to go forth and multiply after a slow start. The stellata was inspired by Aquabum. I just had to get some. No point trying to be being original, just copy other folks ideas heheh.

Narrow leaf java fern. Great for attaching to driftwood.

Red temple. A nice red plant that will tolerate lower (but not too low) light levels.

Roan Art

AC Members
Oct 7, 2005
Northern VA
bowheads.org
OMG, John! Those are GORGEOUS! I'm in awe

Questions/Comments:

What's your WPG on that tank? CO2? Dosing regime? Is this the one with the Ca problem?
stellatus -- yours is green, did it lose its color? How long before it "picked up" again? Mine dropped its leaves when I first planted it and now it's starting up again. Crossing my fingers on that one!

Your brasii - beautiful! That stuff is all over PNG and hard to get here
Ammania gracilis - tried to get it, they were out *sniffy*

Just . . . a DANG nice tank, John!
Roan

Roan Art

AC Members
Oct 7, 2005
Northern VA
bowheads.org
new2tanks said:
roan,
i heard that Myriophyllum tuberculatum requires high light-is it hard to grow? and whats your wpg for that tank?
Heh, we'll find out soon enough :)

I bought some tuberculatum a few months ago and it died very quickly. Mostly my own fault, but IMO the stock wasn't good either. This stock rocks -- ALL the stuff I buy from this guy on AquaBid is absolutely astonishing. Excellent, beautiful plants. He's a little more expensive than some, but the plants are definitely worth it.

The tank is at 3.5wpg and the tuberculatum has been in there for a little over a week. You really *have* to give the stems space or they will either lose their lower leaves or turn green on the bottom. Light is crucial for them.

I'm moving them further apart tomorrow to make sure they get some light, I've seen some greenage on the bottom, some leaf loss. They also started losing some color on the top until I dosed some iron in the tank. They're getting a nicer red again and picking up in height.

That's the good thing about having a tank you can futz around with. Allows me to add crap without worrying about fish.

Roan

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store