Post Pictures of your Plants

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

beviking

Senior Member, Sophomoric Attitude
Feb 16, 2002
Syracuse, NY
kyle3 said:
if your tank is planted same thing right

didn't have close-ups on hand- sorry
To me, it isn't the same thing. It isn't my thread so I was just asking. I'm not the most camera-adept myself so there's no need to apologize. :)

No Roan, I wasn't referring to Charley aka Lowcoaster specifically, I was just referring in general. FWIW, I have ordered from Charley aka Lowcoaster before and have again. I agree he has nice plants!

jart

AC Members
Feb 9, 2006

Mayaca fluviatilis, Ludwigia glandulosa, Rotala rotundifolia, java fern. All in happier days. And somewhat out of focus.

kkifer

the one with the soggy cuffs
Apr 2, 2005
Oregon
flowering ruffled sword

This is my 55 gal after 1 year at this. The ruffled sword on the left has put out a flower stalk that seemed to want to grow out the top so I slid the cover back. This is pretty exciting! That plant struggled to survive for months and had leaves half that size.

I know I have too many platies at the moment, but the juveniles will be moving out. It has been lovely to watch the orange babies swim through the ruffled leaves. That's the kind of thing that keeps me riveted to the tank.

Hope I'm doing the attachment right. This is my first post, but I've learned a lot from everyone else.

flower.jpg

grch36

AC Members
Mar 7, 2006
www.myspace.com
There's a Rangeri and an Ozelot sword but couldnt' get a clean shot of it. and some water lettuce that i'm still working on ;)

(this is going from left to right of the tank)

Roan Art

AC Members
Oct 7, 2005
Northern VA
bowheads.org
beviking said:
To me, it isn't the same thing. It isn't my thread so I was just asking. I'm not the most camera-adept myself so there's no need to apologize. :)
I agree with beviking; it's not the same to me either. I don't mind people posting their entire tanks as shots, but I want a list of plants, too :)

No Roan, I wasn't referring to Charley aka Lowcoaster specifically, I was just referring in general. FWIW, I have ordered from Charley aka Lowcoaster before and have again. I agree he has nice plants!
Ah! IMO Charlie ties with AquariumPlants.com for quality plants, but he comes out ahead in selection. He seems to charge more than most, but his plants are much bigger as well.

Just my 2 cents
Roan

mrgrudge

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
I rebuilt this tank several weeks back so the plants are new. So far nothing appears to be dying.

On the left is a Anacharis, I don't know the name of the one next to it. There are a few Kyoto planted about and a Moneywort behind the tire ornament on the right. I don't remember what the name of the plant in the far back behind the wall ornament is.

The gargoyle, which I think I got from a garden store years ago, looks rather neat hiding in the plants. He is actually grey but years of algae build-up have turned him a nice dark shade of green.

The Danios love to play about in the plants, you can see a Leopard Danio back there. There are two little Common Plecos in there at this time, one always hides behind the heater and the other either hides behind the wall ornament or can be seen hanging on the back of the gargoyle's wings.

EcoPit

AC Members
Nov 30, 2005
Lake County, IL
Okay, here are some of mine. Nothing fancy, but I have my hands full with the basic varieties for now. Sorry the pictures aren't better, but my aqua-photography skills aren't as good as most others'.

Here is some red Hygro, just before a serious trimming.

Cryptocoryne spiralis--I love this plant. The current is a bit much for it, but once my green water plague is finished I will switch over to a gentler filter.

Eleocharis montevidensis. I'm not crazy about it, but my wife likes it, so it can stay for now. It seems to do well at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store