Post Pictures of your Plants

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

kill_a_watt

didnt u know?
Dec 24, 2005
New Zealand
bubble java moss?

my java moss dont have bubbles like yours how do u make them have bubbles?

Peregrine

Registered Member
Mar 16, 2006
Hello all,

1st post. Been out of the hobby for a few years now and am getting back into it.
This is my first ever community fish tank. Had enough of the agressive fish always ripping up plants. Also the first time I've used something other then natural colored gravel.
Tank is about 2 months in now. Had and am having a few issues.
Except for my plants (and my oto's), which seem to be thriving.

55 gal, all live plants (of course). Mollies, Barbs, Tetras, Varietas, Oto's.

I was never god with plant names. The one on the right with the big leaves here was fully 1/3rd this size when I bought it. The 'little' ferns in front had only 3 leaves and were half as tall.

This fern looking thing (sorry!) is 4 plants that totaled 12 leaves when I planted it.

All the rest of my plants are doing as well.
Also have healthy algae growth which keeps my Otocinclus (x3) fat.

How's that for my intro post? :D

Now can someone direct me to a forum where I can discuss my snaill issue? ;)

reiverix

Aye
Sep 4, 2004
Columbus, OH
Thanks Roan. Before I joined this forum I had vaguely heard of anacharis.

Roan Art said:
What's your WPG on that tank? CO2? Dosing regime? Is this the one with the Ca problem?
4wpg. 4*65w 6700K and a 40w NO at 10000K. CO2 is kept at around 35ppm (if the KH/pH calculations are to be trusted) using the mist method to blow the fine bubbles around. Dosing is just typical EI. Add NO3/PO4 every other day although I add 5ml traces every day. K, Ca and Mg are added to my change water barrel which runs for half a week over crushed coral. Yeah I do remember messing with calcium a few months back and ended with sick snails and my rotala macranda dying off.

I got the stellata from Aquabid. It arrived in good shape but after planting it was like it got stuck in time. For weeks it stayed the same size and lost a lot of leaves too. Recently it started sprouting side shoots and gained a bit height. Still going slow but every day there's some new growth. Hopefully it will color up a bit when it gets taller.

kill_a_watt said:
my java moss dont have bubbles like yours how do u make them have bubbles?
CO2 + light. My java moss is right at the water surface.

Captain Hook

Looking for ideas
Aug 21, 2003
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Very nice pics reiverix. I've been trying to find the plant you call Red Temple locally for a while.

Dwarf sag

Barclaya longifolia "red", I'm going to get a newer pic of this one soon. It can get pretty big and the leaves are wavy around the edges now.

Aponogeton ulvaceus dominating my tank

beviking

Senior Member, Sophomoric Attitude
Feb 16, 2002
Syracuse, NY
This is a "Post pics of your plants" thread not "Post pics of your tank" thread right?
Looking good! :thm:

Is there some taboo about using aquabid usernames or something?

Roan Art

AC Members
Oct 7, 2005
Northern VA
bowheads.org
beviking said:
This is a "Post pics of your plants" thread not "Post pics of your tank" thread right?
RIGHT!

Is there some taboo about using aquabid usernames or something?
No, and if you are referring to Charley, aka Lowcoaster, I asked him and he said he would *love* it if we mentioned him by name here.

The guy gets the NICEST plants I have ever seen. The best, by far, Cyperus helferi, stellatus and tubercalatum I have ever laid eyes on.

The problem is keeping them looking so nice ;)

I'm going to take some pics of my 36g plants and post.

Roan

bigwater

AC Members
Feb 6, 2005
The big ruffled sword that just went to a LFS. The blue 1 foot ruler is for scale.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store