Qs-tip #7 Cleaning the outside glass

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Several years ago I used to have "Outright" glass cleaner for tanks. It was a regular door prize at my fish club in DE. Worked ok & I may still have some but I'm with mgamer in the less is best.

ZachAttck

AC Members
Dec 13, 2008
so wait now...am i reading this wrong or can you use vinegar on the INSIDE of your tank? If so, can you do it with it filled, stocked, and up and running?

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
so wait now...am i reading this wrong or can you use vinegar on the INSIDE of your tank? If so, can you do it with it filled, stocked, and up and running?
You can use vinegar on the inside to clean the glass BEFORE you fill it with water and fish. I know of no product for use on the inside.

Q

Que

Feb 15, 2007
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
You can use vinegar on the inside to clean the glass BEFORE you fill it with water and fish. I know of no liquid product for use on the inside.

Q

Que

Feb 15, 2007
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
I corrected my post to say I know of no LIQUID product for use on the inside just before you posted. There are mechanical means but the post was about using vinegar.

Q

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Be sure to rinse thoroughly before filling your tank if you use vinegar to clean.

Regardless of what you use, DO NOT spray it on the glass. Always spray it on the cloth then wipe the glass. Over spray is what kills tanks no matter what you use.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store