Sexing Green Terror

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DarthV

AC Members
Feb 20, 2003
Fredericton, NB
Visit site
Spirulina is an algae...you buy it in flake or pellet/stick form. I'm planning on doing a tank up with african mbunas, so I picked up a can of the Nutrafin spirulina. I figured what the hell, a varied diet should be a good idea and the fish liked them :)

I'm using a Nikon Coolpix 995 that I've borrowed from work. I've taken pics with and without flash and I like the ones taken without a lot better. I have to get a nice tripod so I can try taking longer exposure and longer f-stops.

AikidoGuy

Cichlidiot
Jul 3, 2001
Sparta, New Jersey
Heres a fish I gave to Mojo early this year. I know the sex of it and wanted to see what others thought, by picture alone. Keep in mind this picture was taken just hours after the fish had been through a 2 hour ride from my home to Mojos. This however, is and Untouched photo.

fish is 6" in this picture

Last edited:

dave76

Home Zookeeper in Training....
May 13, 2003
Midlothian, TX
dodaniel.tripod.com
from what I read I would guess that it is a male.

optix

Rent-a-mod
Dec 30, 2002
Dayton area of ohio
Visit site
I like this guessing game :p even though im probably wrong im gonna stick with my instincts and from what I can see of the markings I'd say female, but the shape of the head has me thinking male because I could easily see a hump start to form there. Ahhh im gonna stick with saying female just because of the coloration on the markings. lol we should do this more often

Deb2

AC Members
Jun 4, 2002
Folsom, CA
Visit site
I'll say male. Dorsal fin is starting to trail, orange is wider on tail and fins, nuchal hump is forming. Color isn't too bright, but the fish is stressed after that ride.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store