Share your favorite fall dessert recipes!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

saram521

AC Members
May 10, 2008
Georgia
www.aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Sara
those both look really good! i always liked just taking an apple, cutting it in half, then sprinkling brown sugar (and, if i'm feeling extravagant (ie: not like a whale), some butter) and putting it in the oven.

the sugar carmelizes and it's like apple pie without the crust...yummmm. of course, nothing beats the real deal.
How long in the oven for and at what temp? Sounds really tasty!
I'm gonna have to try the apple and pumpkin cakes, thanks for the recipes guys!

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Uh oh, :nilly: someone played the cheesecake card... gotta ante up!

Oreo cheesecake brownie.jpg

Fishycat's Award-Winning Oreo Cheesecake Brownies

Brownie base:
2 boxes of your favorite brownie mix + ingredients to prepare ("cakey brownies")
Optional: 1/2 tsp instant coffee or espresso powder

Prepare brownies per package instructions (add espresso powder, if using). Pour into a 9X13 pan sprayed with nonstick baking spray & lined with parchment/foil with overhang on the sides for easy removal. Bake as directed MINUS 5 minutes.

Cheesecake:
3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs
18 classic Oreo cookies, quartered

Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until smooth, add sugar, vanilla & eggs and incorporate well. Fold in 12 quartered oreos. Pour over warm brownie and sprinkle with remaining 6 quartered oreos.

Return pan to oven and bake for 20-30 minutes (I actually don't remember how long I baked it for!). Check for doneness by slipping a thin knife into the cheesecake - if it comes out clean it's done.

Let cool completely in pan on a rack. Refrigerate 4-6 hours (or overnight). Using the overhanging foil, lift brownie out of pan onto a surface for cutting.

Cut with a large chef's knife, wiping blade with a warm moist towel after each slice. Try to cut these small - they're VERY rich! :D

Oreo cheesecake brownie.jpg

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Dutch apple pie.jpg

Dutch Apple Pie

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

2 frozen deep-dish pie crusts
6 cups (about 5) granny smith apples, peeled/quartered & sliced into 1/4-inch thick pieces.

Toss apples with:
1/3 c brown sugar
1 tbsp flour
1 tsp cinnamon

Divide apple mixture between the two frozen pie crusts.

Topping:
1/3 c granulated sugar
3/4 c flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
8 tbsp butter, cut into cubes & chilled

Cut flour & sugar into butter with finger tips, pastry cutter or 2 butter knives until the texture of oatmeal. Sprinkle over apples (Use all of it! The pies will be huge mounds which will sink during baking)

Place pies on a baking sheet to catch drips. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until pie is slightly bubbly and crust has browned. Cool on a rack 15-20 minutes before trying to cut. Great warm or cold with vanilla ice cream or cool whip.

APPLES.jpg

Dutch apple pie.jpg APPLES.jpg

saram521

AC Members
May 10, 2008
Georgia
www.aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Sara
FC, these recipes look great! Presentation is nice too. Are you on Allrecipes.com? I could save myself the trouble of copying + pasting these recipes here and just link to your page. :D

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Thanks, Saram. Nope not on any recipe website. Actually had to shoot those two recipes out from mostly memory! :)

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
pumpkin roll is amazing. I've found that using dish towels instead of aluminum foil keeps them more moist :)

my mom and I make about 30 pumpkin rolls for the holidays, they are by far a family favorite
always wondered why mom did it that way. :clap:

fishycat... you dirty, dirty girl... you don't play fair. :laugh: with your dirty, chocolaty crunchiness.... :hi: can i come over for dinner? :p:

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
fishycat... you dirty, dirty girl... you don't play fair. :laugh: with your dirty, chocolaty crunchiness.... :hi: can i come over for dinner? :p:
:rofl: Sure come on over tonight, I'll set an extra place at the table! :welcome:

rainbowcharmer

AC Members
Jul 30, 2007
East Coast, USA
If I remember tonight I have a phenomenal recipe for Pumpkin Chiffon Pie. It's AMAZING. I make it every year for Thanksgiving and then again at Christmas because my grandma insists on having it. :)

sandstorm320

Let's Go Red Wings!
Sep 9, 2010
Windsor Canada
This isn't really a fall recipe, but I get one for my birthday in September usually so:

preheat your regular oven to 350
1 Cup Corn Syrup
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/3 Cup Butter/margarine
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
3 Eggs
2 Cups Pecans
1 Pie Shell- I'm not adventurous enough to make my own

Cream brown sugar & margarine together, add corn syrup, vanilla, eggs stir well with a whisk - add pecans stir - pour into pie shell

Bake for about 1 hour in middle of oven (set timer for 50 minutes and then keep checking every 5 minutes) - make sure that the filling is bubbling & crust appears light brown before taking out of oven

Wait until pie is cooled before cutting otherwise it will be very liquidity

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store