Share your favorite fall dessert recipes!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
OMG... have to share...

from; PAULA DEEN'S my first cookbook (gotta get this thing if your kids like to cook) :clap::clap::clap:

Monkey Bread

WHAT YOU'LL NEED;
pie plate
cutting board
butter knife
small pot
wooden spoon
bundt pan
oven mitts
wire rack
big cake plate
1 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
3 cans refridgerator biscuits (10 biscuits each) (we used pillsbury buttermilk)
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
cooking spray

• turn on oven to 325*
  • put the white sugar and cinnamon in the pie plant and mithem together with yout fingers until they are completely mixed. remove the biscuits fron the tubes. place each biscuit on the cuttine board and cut each one into fourths using the butter knife. place each piece of biscuit into the cinnamon sugar and shake it all around until it is coated. (you can do a few at a time.)
  • with an adult helper nearby, put the butter and brown sugar into the pot and heat it over low heat until it's mixed together. stir it with the wooden spoon. turn off heat.
  • spray the bundt pan with cooking spray. place the biscuits evenly in the bundt pan. pour the brown sugar mixture over the bicuits.
  • bake the biscuits in the oven for 35 minutes. have your adult helper use oven mitts or hot pads to remove the bundt pan and place it on the wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
  • to serve, turn the bundt pan upside down on the cake plate. the biscuits should fall right out. let the monkey bread cool for a few minutes so that you don't burn your fingers or mouth. pinch off pieces to eat.
side note... this crap is awesome... and next time we're already talking about mixing up some cream cheese icing or getting some from cinnabon to dip it these in.

so easy... meant for the kids to help (my 3 yr old daughter helped on this one)... easy, fast, easy cleanup... and tastes like cinnamony, buttery goodness... cinnabon better watch out, lol.

judgemax

I once was lost...
Feb 18, 2005
bellefonte PA
Real Name
Julie Probst
Homemade applesauce has long been my fall fav.

I just don't actually have a recipee?.. I just make it, lol. I guess when i make it next, i will have to9 see what i actually use.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Apple-of-your-eye Cheesecake
I just recently tried making cheesecake. I was always afraid to because so many people say it's so hard to get them to turn out nicely. NOT TRUE!! I just made one of these for Christmas dinner. Everyone said it was the best cheesecake they've ever had. I actually use the topping and crust recipe from this cheesecake and the cheesecake filling is the one I like from a fresh blueberry swirl cheesecake I made first.

The three most important tips for making cheesecake: 1) make sure ALL of the ingredients are at room temperature before you start, and 2) do not remove from the pan until you refrigerate it over night. It needs that many hours to set firmly. And 3) do not overbeat after adding the eggs.

Give this a try, it's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

CRUST:
1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, melted
FILLING:
3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 eggs, lightly beaten
TOPPING:
2-1/2-3 cups chopped peeled apples (I used gala apples)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping, divided
Sweetened whipped cream
2 tablespoons chopped pecans

DIRECTIONS:

In a large bowl, combine the crackers, sugar, pecans and cinnamon; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a lightly greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack.

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour filling over crust. Toss apples with lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon; spoon over filling. Return pan to baking sheet.

Bake for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Drizzle with 4 tablespoons caramel topping. Cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight.

Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream. Drizzle with remaining caramel; sprinkle with pecans. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.

chcake.jpg

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
DEEAM ! If only I cooked. Yum May !!!!!!!!!!!

bluemeate

AC Members
Sep 9, 2008
avocado, diced tomato, onion, green onion, cilantro, lime and serano peppers

also makes a great appetizer and a great meal...

MissMimi

Registered Member
Mar 5, 2013
Apple Upside-Down Cake

Apple Upside-Down Cake

Apple-Upside-Down-Cake.jpg
Ingredients:

3/4 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced into 12 pieces
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Confectioners’ sugar for dusting

Procedures:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Grease a 9-inch glass pie dish generously with butter. Lay the apple slices in the dish, cut side down. This will be the cake’s decorative top so make it as pretty as possible.

In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup of the granulated sugar and 1/3 cup water and cook over high heat until it turns a warm amber color. Swirl the pan but don’t stir to avoid crystallization. Pour evenly over the apple slices.

Meanwhile, cream the 6 tablespoons of butter and the remaining 3/4 cup of granulated sugar using an electric mixer, until light and fluffy. Lower the speed and beat in the eggs 1 at a time. Add the sour cream, zest, and vanilla and mix until combined.

Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt and, with the mixer on low speed, add it to the butter mixture. Mix only until combined. Do not overmix.

Pour the cake batter evenly over the apple slices and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes, then invert the cake onto a flat plate.

Dust with confectioner’s sugar. Can be served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.

Apple-Upside-Down-Cake.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store