Simply Discus Hobbyist Challenge

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

avionics30

San Diego Discus
Nov 18, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.sandiegodiscus.com
Great Chad! You know I'm all for your way cause it's my way too! Go Chad!!!:thm:
Congrats for the new acquisitions! Hope your discus will win!
Thanks for the vote guys! It'll all depend on whos' go tthe best lookin fish at the end of the year! I'm trying hard! LOL!

Best wishes!

avionics30

San Diego Discus
Nov 18, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.sandiegodiscus.com
they really are very lovely. I owuld love a pair when the contest is over.
I may try and sell them off at the end of the contest. Part of the proceeds would go to simplydiscus.com. Naturally I'll have to see where things are in 11.5 months. LOL! Do you wnt a breeding pair or just two fish? Just curious.

Best wishes!

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
two fish, but who knows i might change my mind with a year more experience under my belt and might want to try breeding. I have 5 other discus now.

avionics30

San Diego Discus
Nov 18, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.sandiegodiscus.com
two fish, but who knows i might change my mind with a year more experience under my belt and might want to try breeding. I have 5 other discus now.
Cool. I'll keep you posted! I'm sure they are going to be amazing adults.

They are simply stunning. Two of those would look awesome with the colors you now have Rachel.
Yes, they are. I'm sure they would certainly compliment any discus tank. I've never been a huge albino fan, but these fish are breathtaking. I'm very curious how their colors will evolve.

Best wishes!

shawnhu

AC Members
Oct 31, 2008
New York City
Hey Debbie!

Thank you! I am the only one in the contest with a planted tank. I chose to grow out this way. I am also only doing one water change per week. That's another thing that I am doing differently. The way we grow out is our own choice. Naturally there are a lot of people that are very interested how my discus will show against the others that have bare tanks and change water daily. I just like my way and I get great growth and have health discus. ;)

Arturo,

Thanks man! I appreciate that!

Best wishes!
Chad,

You definately have our support for the different way you will be raising our discus, too far has everyone claimed that a barebottom is the only way to go. Please do your best, and make a point that it's possible(maybe even better) to grow out babies in a planted, non-barebottom with less frequent water changes!

I also followed last year's competition, I would have liked to participate this year, but I have some babies of my own to raise(picked some up from a local breeder). More on that on another thread.

Good luck Chad, well deserved on being picked! (Maybe you can give me a few hints on being picked next year!)

Shawn

poconogal

AC Members
Mar 22, 2006
Pocono Mountains of PA
Hey Chad! I didn't see these pics on SD. They are looking really good. :thm:

Are they Golden Albinos? I haven't followed the contest too much. With fish from Kenny though, I think everybody will come out the winner!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store