skimmer?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Ahh, yes I love this place....so the in sump skimmer is the way I want to go! I had decided this a while back...then somehow I ended up with thinking the HOB.....BLAH!

Does anyone remember what it was I wanted as a HOB?? OH...wait think I do, I was going to get a overflow box as a HOB!

Ok, anyway thanks everyone again!! I'll have you all pulling your own hair out by the time I'm done doing this!!

dolfans1

I'm a victim of coicumstance!
Jun 15, 2005
Safety Harbor, FL
I've had great luck w/ a Euroreef skimmer. They are a bit pricier, but are really well constructed and easy to set up. If you can find the RS80 model on Craigslist or ebay it would be perfect for your size tank.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Does this one sound ok for me???

Part Number: PS-CVOCT-NW-110

Brand Name: Coralvue

Description: Octopus Needlewheel 110 protein skimmer. Rated for 125 gallon aquarium. 21 inches tall. 4-1/2-inches in diameter. Uses model 1000 Octopus Turbine Pump with needle wheel impeller. Pumps 250 gph. 9 inch by 7 inch approximate footprint.

ITEM IS IN STOCK
Regular Price: $124.99
Offer Price $124.99
Shipping Weight: 7.3 Lbs.

Click here to view other products that customer's have purchased at the same time as this product.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Can you post a linky so I can see a picture of the unit? Its great that they are using the same pump but the success of a skimmer is not just the pump it is the design of the skimmer housing itself. Does it look like an Octopus NW-110?

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Looks like the Octopus to me. I think that skimmer would work well for you. I do like these skimmers' performance vs. price.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Looks like the Octopus to me. I think that skimmer would work well for you. I do like these skimmers' performance vs. price.
Awesome....I think I'll get it ordered tomorrow then, I REALLY am tired of waiting!! LOL!!!!

Next I'll be on about the overflow and return that Clown and Grins was talking about:)

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
I agree with AMP it looks like an Octopus to me as well and I like their price. Supposedly they are just as good as models that are twice and three times the price. Only the sight with the link you posted says they are on backorder.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
I agree with AMP it looks like an Octopus to me as well and I like their price. Supposedly they are just as good as models that are twice and three times the price. Only the sight with the link you posted says they are on backorder.
You must of been looking at the DMW 110, the one I have on there is the CVOCT-NW-110...do you think that one is ok...or one of the other ones??

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
That one works fairly well, but probably wouldn't be as effective as the other one. The other is recirculating, while the one you picked is not.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store