skimmer?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
That one works fairly well, but probably wouldn't be as effective as the other one. The other is recirculating, while the one you picked is not.
I see, thank you! Will have to see if any of the ones in stock are recirculating.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Hey, I have a new question about this skimmer....it says "Requires additional feed pump to supply 1 to 1.5 times the system volume per hour through the protein skimmer". .....what is that and do I need to order it at the same time???

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Most places sell the pump with the skimmer I thought. But what that would mean is with your 55 gallon tank and whatever the sump volume, you'll need that going through the skimmer per hour. The octopus skimmers are based of the ASM which is a needle wheel pump like the sedra's. But yeah I would double check with them what that "exactly" means.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Well, this is what it says....

Description: Octopus Model 110 Needle Wheel Recirculating Protein Skimmer. 4.29 inch diameter. 23.4 inches tall with model 1000 Octopus needle wheel impeller pump for aquariums up to 200 gallons. Requires additional feed pump to supply 1 to 1.5 times the system volume per hour through the protein skimmer. Footprint is 6 inches by 11 inche

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI

nycsicktank

AC Members
Oct 20, 2005
nyc
it does! this is how recirc skimmer looks like

a pump is (both output and input is connected to the chamber body which is recirculating water inside)

and a regular skimmer will look like this

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Oh, I see...so it doesn't actually have to say Recirculating?

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store