Stocking question for a 20g Long

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

M8D

AC Members
Mar 26, 2013
sorry for 2ndpost but..

Is there a REALLY good gravel vac people reccomend? I use a topfin vac with the squishy ball thing that helps start it but it has litte suction power and barely enough to pick up the fish poo at the bottom and it's frustrating. Was only like $10. I'd gladly spend more $$ if it meant getting a vac that actually picked up crap (no pun intended).P:

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
I have two Aqueon vacs, the larger one with the bulb and a smaller one with 7/8 inch inside diameter tube that goes into the tank. The bigger one is good to move lots of water but like you found does not pickup stuff well from the substrate. The smaller diameter has great suction. Though the practice of vacuuming the substrate is not recommended, if want to use the smaller one. My will suck PFS from tank into the bucket!

M8D

AC Members
Mar 26, 2013
aaalright so if i want to get the poo off the sand I should get a smaller diameter nozzle. sweet :D

M8D

AC Members
Mar 26, 2013
Added some neon tetras and really liking the activity now. bought 3 more harlys (someone came in friday and snagged most of them litterally just an hour or so before me) so I still gotta get 3 more but i got 8 neons, though i meant to get only 7 but the guy gave me an extra (found out after i got home) sooo yay for free fish. spent 10$ on 11 fish, saved 11$. haha yeah petsmart is having a huge fish sale soooooo

but yeah. everyone's lookin good. my tank parameters are still in check. tested before the WC and ammonia and nitrites were 0, nitrates I think werea bout 10, so it looks like once a week WCs is what ill be doing :D (only say that cus i know theres some peeps who do 2) We'll see how this week goes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store