Tank fogging!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
i dont know the exact names of them but one is a semi-aquatic fern and another one is very thin with leaves that start from the bottom and go all the way op the stem idk what the others are at all i wasnt there recently

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
what about moss?? is there any species of moss that i could put on the slate/land section??

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
oh;; i've had the tank running for 3-4 days now
has the tank cycled long enough for me to start stocking it??

if possible i would like to start stocking it on sunday the 13th

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
The plants that you are talking about is the new way Petsmart keeps their fully aquatic plants now. The only reason the plants don't dry out is because they spray them with water every so often.

As for stocking, you can add the FBTs now, but I don't think you should have any fish in the tank ever because Fire bellied toads are poisonous and if you hold them and they ooze out poison and you put him back into the tank, you're gonna have some dead fishes.

And if you wanted only fish, the tank is nowhere near being completely cycled, cycling takes 6-8 weeks.

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
really?? it takes that long? wow

i thin that i will be able to put the fish in b/c i have a way oversized filter in there to combat the toxins

as for the petsmart plants? would i be able to use these in my tank??

Notophthalmus

I put the 'snork' in 'snorkeling'!
Mar 4, 2008
Tennessee
It really depends on what species of plants they are. Next time you're at PetsMart, jot down the names of some of the plants.

There are mosses, and moss-like flowering plants, that do well in a vivarium, but you're unlikely to find them locally. Check some online vivarium suppliers.

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
do you know any of the species names of these moss-like plants? b/c i have no prob going online to find these

Notophthalmus

I put the 'snork' in 'snorkeling'!
Mar 4, 2008
Tennessee
I can't think of any of the moss-like flowering plants offhand, but suitable true mosses include pillow moss, plate moss, sheet moss, and Java moss (it actually prefers moist terrestrial situations over aquatic situations). Other non-flowering plants, such as various liverworts, clubmosses, and selaginellas, have a mossy habitus and thrive in vivaria.

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
what are the best websites that you would reccommend for buying these types of plants?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store