Terrarium :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fuguuuu!
Oct 3, 2008
Spokanistan
www.myspace.com
Petluvr, do you even know anything about boids?

Why is it not suitable for the snake?

To say that the tank is not suitable for fish is a bit much. I know it is because I've done it before with simpler community fish. I want to try something challenging.

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Ok, I'll rephrase: in my opinion and in my past experience, it will be difficult if not impossible to maintain fish with proper health, life span and living conditions with regard to water quality, temperature, swimming space and conspecifics.

But, since you've done it before, you seem to have it all figured out. Why bother asking?

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
do you even know anything about boids?
We do know from your past thread that you have a green anaconda in there which will eventually get 12 feet long at the minimum. No fish at all in that little shallow dipping pool you call an aquarium. The only fish that could go in there and not be eaten by the anaconda is a couple of endlers.

DarrylR

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Maryland
All I know I wouldn't want something in the house that can eat me :S when it grows up.

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
We do know from your past thread that you have a green anaconda in there which will eventually get 12 feet long at the minimum. No fish at all in that little shallow dipping pool you call an aquarium. The only fish that could go in there and not be eaten by the anaconda is a couple of endlers.
Yes, this is what I meant by or that snake I was talking about long term. Please don't be so defensive we all are trying to answer YOUR question and maybe give a little advice to save you and your animals trouble in the future, SORRY.

Fuguuuu!
Oct 3, 2008
Spokanistan
www.myspace.com
I'm only being defensive because the only people that are trying to "help" me are really just criticizing my tank and my snake.

My "dipping pool" Is actually 8 gallons. I've added water and it nearly takes up a forth of the tank. Apparently 10 gallons is too small for cichlids. That's fine, after the responses ive gotten from everyone I've ruled out the dwarf cichlid idea. What I was hoping to get out of this was helpful advice. Instead of people saying "No you can't put anything but endlers in there."

I'm keeping the water clean and I'll be testing it tomorrow. If the parameters check out I'm going to remove the guppies and add fish.

It'd be awsome if someone could be a pal and let me know what fish would work and what I'd need to do to keep them healthy. Also, keep in mind that I'll be upgrading to a larger tank within the next year to accommodate the anaconda's needs. Like I said in the last thread. I know what I'm doing when it comes to snakes. Please keep your advice and opinions to yourself when it comes to the snake. Thanks :)

(Oh and I appreciate your new attitude sploke. You've been very helpful)

P.s. MY ANACONDA DOESN'T EAT FISH

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
With large temperature swings, lack of real filtration, and the threat of the anaconda eating the fish, the only fish I could see in that tank are endlers, or guppies.

evilxyardxgnome

Ground Gecko Horder
May 1, 2007
As stated already it's too small for any real fish other than maybe some tetras.

Last edited by a moderator:

SchizotypalVamp

The REAL AC Mafia
Mar 18, 2008
California
I would add a thermometer to the tank and see what the temperature gradient is, and then get back to us. Without knowing if it's going to be coldwater or tropical tank, it's hard to give advice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store