Terrarium :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Hmmm.... Temperature would be a good thing to know. Back when I had the priveledge of taking care of some anacondas(ha, really the misfortune. They were nasty buggers....) they liked to snack on goldfish. I have no idea how common this is in captivity, but I don't see why its hard to believe that this would be possible in the wild(especially as the wet season ends and pools dry up. These pools are inhabited by large fish just waiting to be eaten).

As far as your tank goes, I would definitely be very careful about any fish that you would be unhappy if they wind up eaten. It sounds like your snake isn't interested in fish food, but I would hate to find expensive fish wind up a snack.. In all honestly, I would simply add some endler's to the tank and call it good. My question to you, instead of talking about how much water you have(I too have a paludarium) is what are you going to do when your snake takes a dump in the water? Thats alot of ammonia...

Fuguuuu!
Oct 3, 2008
Spokanistan
www.myspace.com
Sorry I haven't had a chance to get a thermometer yet. However, I'm positive this tank is going to be tropical. I've been keeping the water warm since my anaconda loves to hide in it at night.

I'm adding fancier fish on monday. I was thinking:

Bumble bee catfish
Pair of convicts
Emperor tetras

Of course I wont be adding them all at the same time.

And to answer your poo question, so far I've been lucky and he's been doing his business on the land where he basks. If he does poo in the water I check on that tank aaaall the time. It's in my room. My plan is to fish out the doodie and do a big water change. Add some prime too...

SchizotypalVamp

The REAL AC Mafia
Mar 18, 2008
California
DEFINITELY no convicts or emperor tetras. Those aren't suitable for a 10 gallon. The bumblebee cats don't seem appropriate either. You can try smaller natives or dario dario, but I would realllllly suggest those guppies or endlers. They would do the best and are certainly entertaining.

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
Sorry I haven't had a chance to get a thermometer yet. However, I'm positive this tank is going to be tropical. I've been keeping the water warm since my anaconda loves to hide in it at night.

I'm adding fancier fish on monday. I was thinking:

Bumble bee catfish
Pair of convicts
Emperor tetras

Of course I wont be adding them all at the same time.

And to answer your poo question, so far I've been lucky and he's been doing his business on the land where he basks. If he does poo in the water I check on that tank aaaall the time. It's in my room. My plan is to fish out the doodie and do a big water change. Add some prime too...
I agree 100% with everything ShizotypalVamp said. Endlers or guppies are the only fish able to go in that tank considering the conditions, environment and size.

I find it hard to believe that every time you see a piece of poo in the water, you will take it out and do a large water change.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fuguuuu!
Oct 3, 2008
Spokanistan
www.myspace.com
Tiff, I looked up ember tetras and came up with emperor tetras. From the little bit I read on the internet they are hardy little fish from dirty Columbian water. I thought they'd be perfect.

Convicts, are a no go. I don't want them to tear up my 'lil fish.

BUT! Vamp, dario dario sound like a great idea! ^_^ My manager was just showing me some awsome pics of those lil guys. I might have to go search for them.

So why won't the bumble bee catfish work? I thought they do well in smaller heavily planted tanks?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
At the size the bumblebees are now in the store (about an inch) I would think they would be fine but they max out at maybe a little too big. As long as it isnt for life my personal opinion is that it would be fine just move him into the 20 with Sgt. Macaroni when he gets a little bigger.
I think Miles said that Adv Aquariums and Terrariums had some Dario dario or knew where to get them.

P.S. might wanna watch the accusatory vibe, I just dont wanna see another blow out . . .

SchizotypalVamp

The REAL AC Mafia
Mar 18, 2008
California
What is the scientific name of the bumblebee cat you're looking at? The anaconda pooping in the tank is a valid point if only because of the fact that you have to be gone for school and socializing, even studying intensely, and the ammonia in that time can rise extremely quickly.

Can you post a general fluctuation of your PH, GH, Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, also? The temperature gradient is extremely important to know, as are these parameters.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Okay, folks, drop these stupid personal attacks. If you cannot post something constructive and positive, drop it and don't post here. Please reread the TOS. Flaming and provoking negative reactions are greatly frowned upon in this board. This is the last warning. Thanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store