The Sorority Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JK_Fish

AC Members
Oct 2, 2010
Ga
I was considering uploading all the pictures I've taken of the tank since my last set of pics, but that'd be picture :spam: , so I'll spare you and just give you the pictures I took about a minute or two ago of the tank without the ivy.

The plants are growing quite a bit. It might only be me, but I see a huge difference between the plants now and in the last set of pictures.
pic spam 001.JPG
pic spam 002.JPG
pic spam 004.JPG
pic spam 005.JPG

:) what do you all think of it?

pic spam 001.JPG pic spam 002.JPG pic spam 004.JPG pic spam 005.JPG

Last edited:

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
its looking good! yours girls will be much happier with live plants!!!^_^

still think you should have little smaller caves.

JK_Fish

AC Members
Oct 2, 2010
Ga
Thank you Kaosu, I'm working on the smaller caves, but all the terra cotta pots are missing o_O ... I think my mom is actually using them! So I'll have to buy some terra cotta pots or decor once I have more money. I'm still going to have to put the silk ivy back for more cover, but hopefully I can buy more live plants and get rid of the fake ones soon.:D

JK_Fish

AC Members
Oct 2, 2010
Ga
The girls are coming, they're coming, they're coming!!! They'll be shipped out tomorrow, and will be here Thursday! Unfortunately they'll only be insulated, with possibly a heat pack, maybe not. I know I should have waited for their owner to for sure buy one, get it shipped to her then ship them out, but by the time that'd happen, I probably wouldn't be able to get them due to a crazy schedule.

Thursday is going to be a mad rush from tutoring to home to get them out of the bags acclimated and floating in tupperwares to see each other, then back out to film a school project, then back home to feed them and take pictures before homework.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
The girls are coming, they're coming, they're coming!!! They'll be shipped out tomorrow, and will be here Thursday! Unfortunately they'll only be insulated, with possibly a heat pack, maybe not. I know I should have waited for their owner to for sure buy one, get it shipped to her then ship them out, but by the time that'd happen, I probably wouldn't be able to get them due to a crazy schedule.

Thursday is going to be a mad rush from tutoring to home to get them out of the bags acclimated and floating in tupperwares to see each other, then back out to film a school project, then back home to feed them and take pictures before homework.

^_^ sounds like a busy day!

just make sure when adding them to turn out the lights, and add them all at the same time.

If your putting the ivy back then go ahead for the first few days you can always try taking it out depending on there aggression levels with in a week or so.

not all females are mean, iv had some that dont bother anyone..infact i have one in my guppy breeder at the moment with out as much as a nip, and others who will tear each other to shreds, or anything in its tank.
females are most likely to be docile.

good luck! im so excited for you and pic pics pics!!!!!

ill have to show you a few of my old females....i think i have pics somewhere.

JK_Fish

AC Members
Oct 2, 2010
Ga
I'm not going to add them all directly. I'm planning on adding the most submissive of them all (Phoebe the yellow hmpk) to the tank right off the bat, and having the other three floating in clear tubberwares, so I can add one girl once a day or so from least agressive to most, I'm praying that they'll start reforming their previous pecking order peacefully through the 'cups' without too much violence and fin nipping. Hopefully the slow introductions will allow them to get a few meals in their bellies without having to worry about too much competition.

Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to keep the lights off and dim for about a day once I get them :)

I'll be sure to post pics, and lots of them once they're here! :D

Lol, I'd love to see your old girls ^-^

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
this is my pride and joy ^_^...female..(ignore the goldie i was in the middle of a move and had to brake down like 200 betta tanks and sell them a select few were kept then separated after the move.)

..and this was the male that got me in to breeding

and my first spawn at 2 days old!!..:( miss my bettas

JK_Fish

AC Members
Oct 2, 2010
Ga
Wow, beautiful bettas, I love your red dbvt guy~ Your fry were adorable, I love seeing pictures of them around that stage :D

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
Wow, beautiful bettas, I love your red dbvt guy~ Your fry were adorable, I love seeing pictures of them around that stage :D

Thank you ^_^ but the red DT is a female...

JK_Fish

AC Members
Oct 2, 2010
Ga
no way :O I could have sworn she was a he from the long ventrals and long fins.... plus she just has the very male body form. Lol, sorry. :) *she* is very pretty~

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store