Thinking of Building a Biocube 14G

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

xDetroitMetalx

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
Moro, OR
I see a pile of sand forming in the back of the tank. My bag of live sand had a lot of shells and rubble in it so I think the shrimp has enough to play with. I see some shells moving position. I think I see one of the hi-fins poking out in the back. They are just still hiding I'm pretty sure. I'm going to add some food here in a bit. I just wish I could see them and confirm they are still alive.

xDetroitMetalx

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
Moro, OR
I have visual confirmation on the male goby and pistol shrimp. The goby keeps poking his head out the back of the rocks. He was eating food I put in the tank. I'm assuming this is the very jumpy one that launched out of the bag into the bucket. Now if only two little goby faces would start looking at me I would be extremely happy. So far parameters are looking normal and corals are still open so I'm assuming no deaths.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Hang in there :).

xDetroitMetalx

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
Moro, OR
I seriously want to take the rocks out and search for the second goby to see if it's alive or dead. I've read that it's a bad idea as it will freak the gobies out more and when you re-stack the rocks you chance trapping them under it. I guess some people haven't seen their gobies for a week or two, wrote them off as a loss, then see them a few days later. I don't know what to do. I have noticed that when the male comes out the shrimp rarely comes out with them nor is the male signaling the shrimp or anything. Maybe it's because the female is hanging out with the shrimp?

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
I wouldn't sweat it really, in my 90g I've had fish i've wrote off as dead reappear 6 months later.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
One day you will come home and they will have an entrance front and center. I wouldn't take the rocks out. You'll kick youself simply from the standpoint that you'll have to rescape the hole tank. In a tank with fish swimming above they usually learn that they have to be up front so they can get to the food while everyone else is.

xDetroitMetalx

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
Moro, OR
Well... I gave in before reading these. However, I'm happier with they way I aqua-scaped it, there is far less rock on the sand which is a win.

Guess what? The female is alive but I can tell she has not eaten... I hope my disturbance didn't scare her more like some have said. All three are accounted for after re-scape so I know I didn't crush anyone. Le sigh :(

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
You should just leave things be for a while and try to keep you hands out of the water except to feed. Go ahead and gently squirt some mysis in or lay some pellets down near the burrow once you find their new spot.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store