This site is a ghost town.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Peeps head around corner and waves at the few. Long time no see.:cool:

Apr 2, 2002
New York
The nice thing about sites like this as opposed to social media is that information persists here. But social media is where information goes to die. When I need information relating to fishkeeping my first stop is usually Google Scholar. After that is is one of a few sites I have bookmarked as i know they are reliable after years of finding out who, to trust and whom to ignore. Google gave better information 20 years ago than it does today.

I have been sending and receiving emails for over 20 years. I have always used Outlook for this. To this day i still feel that Outlook Express was the best version they have made to date. Outlook today is mostly bloatware for the average user. Microsoft has become genious at making things over complicated and often totally confusing which means user unfriendly.

There are still a few active forums. MFK is one TFF is another. While I still come here and do post, I spend most of my time on TFF as it is still pretty active and I do not keep monster fish.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Where ya been the past 10+yrs.

I think smart phones changed things quite a bit in this realm.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I've been around. I stop by every so often and have a look. AC was so lively 10-20 yrs ago. Nowadays, there's a lot of good aquarium content on youtube.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Slappy, nice to see an even older AC timer once in a while than some of us still here...hanging around like an old punk song? We need some old but funny & experienced blood to keep us going. Come back & play with us ;) It's only dead because some people have deserted us...but I agree with Joel, smart phones, FB, etc. are almost evil! Well, that's my opinion of them even if that's not how Freshy said it.

So, I think it's up to you to say what you've been up to fish-wise the last several years...with pics please, if you can. Shake us up!

Reactions: Slappy*McFish

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
And a lot of those folks got older and moved on from fish keeping as a full time activity, just as life changes us all. Most folks want the instant cure/advice from so many other platforms, even if its not correct.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
As far as I can tell most of the fish information on YouTube isn't worth watching. In fact, a lot of it would be detrimental to watch as it is so bad following it may harm or kill your fish.

A lot of what social media seems to do is to empower idiots. It is too difficult to weed out all the bad info so that you are left with some of the good.

But, I may be biased as I do not use a smart phone.

roliva

Dovii/Umbee Fanatic
Feb 23, 2004
Lehigh Valley, PA
Cheers everyone. Its been a minute. Yes the good ol days with this forum and Waterwolves

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Fishorama, I'm still running the same tanks but they've evolved a bit over the years. 50g, 20g, 10g planted tanks and I also have two reptile setups. One for a uromastyx20230823_111612.jpg and one for a crested gecko.20220416_102158.jpg
The 50g is a community of angels, kribs, tetras, SAEs, cories, and swordtails. 20230827_173647.jpgThe 20g is stocked with cardinals, glowlights, rummynose and a opaline blue gourami that fell in my lap.20240129_203208.jpg The 10g is home to guppies, endlers, and white clouds.20240129_203146.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store