This site is a ghost town.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
I don't know you, but hi! The forum is quiet, that's all I've ever known it for the last couple years, but I love it. It's a cozy place for familiar posts.

Lots of drama in the faster places, sometimes that's not always better, ya know?

Social media like a certain face of books is a cesspool of misinformation, it gets frustrating on there at times. It's always better to have these little gems of sites where you aren't having to argue with folks over things that are common sense.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Those tanks are looking great!

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
If anyone is curious about which channels I recommend on YouTube, here's a short list.

Flip Aquatics
Aqua Pros
Ben Ochart
Bentley Pascoe
Father Fish
Fistory! Secret History...
George Farmer
Green Aqua
KG Tropicals
LRB Aquatics
MD Fish Tanks
MJ Aquascaping
Palmer Aquatics
PlantedTank
Prime Time Aquatics
Serpa Design
TheCineScaper
Tropica
Aquarium Co-op

...just to name a few of the actual good ones.

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
If anyone is curious about which channels I recommend on YouTube, here's a short list.

Flip Aquatics
Aqua Pros
Ben Ochart
Bentley Pascoe
Father Fish
George Farmer
Green Aqua
KG Tropicals
LRB Aquatics
MD Fish Tanks
MJ Aquascaping
Palmer Aquatics
PlantedTank
Prime Time Aquatics
Serpa Design
TheCineScaper
Tropica
Aquarium Co-op

I also can add Biotopia and Below Water to that list.

Many on that list are good (serpadesign is phenomenal), but I can also disagree strongly with one or two based on their methods of communication.

Example, one on your list runs a discord group and in his rules, you are not allowed to offer anyone advice unless you are personally approved and to do so you must set up an aquarium using his methods and only his methods AND the advice you give must only be based off of HIS methods. That closes off a lot of learning opportunities for many on both sides.

And the followers spread a lot of harmful information blindly because of that.

I've seen many, many posts spread on Facebook and discord promoting dangerous practices (example, one person insisting they purposely introduce wild parasites to their fish, very dangerous when there are countries with medication bans, getting these things into the hobby without being able to treat them safely and effectively. I get the idea behind it, but it messes things up for the folks who fish aren't exposed and also increases mutations of these parasites that risk getting back into the wild environment they were taken from, where now theyve developed resistances to medications from the hobbyists who dont know how to treat stuff, and leaves the wildlife exposed to a superbug they hadnt evolved a way to cope with, theoretically.)

It's literally run as a cult and I cringe away from nearly anyone promoting this. It's one thing to have a unique method on things, it's another to dictate who can say what and how.

Reactions: Slappy*McFish
Apr 2, 2002
New York
I am not a fan of Youtube except they have a lot of life concerts and going back intime. Since I know Rachel O'Leary I used to watch her stuff. But she is no longer doing much fish-wise. :(

Besides, I am a devotee of Groucho Marx who said, "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." But this is the digital age, So, "I would never join any social media site that would have me as a user."

From that long list I recognized the name George Farmer and I have been visiting the Tropica site for a couple of decades now. But I did not know they had a Youtube channel.

Reactions: Slappy*McFish

dougall

Mar 29, 2005

Flip Aquatics
Aqua Pros
Ben Ochart
Bentley Pascoe
Father Fish
George Farmer
Green Aqua
KG Tropicals
LRB Aquatics
MD Fish Tanks
MJ Aquascaping
Palmer Aquatics
PlantedTank
Prime Time Aquatics
Serpa Design
TheCineScaper
Tropica
Aquarium Co-op

FFS...

Father Fish

Seriously?

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
He doesn't seem to actually know or understand any of the concepts he preaches whether I agree with them or not.

I do take issue with how he copies other people's ideas and then turns around to trash the people afterwards... Say Diana Walstad for example.

Not really a nice guy at all.

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
He doesn't seem to actually know or understand any of the concepts he preaches whether I agree with them or not.

I do take issue with how he copies other people's ideas and then turns around to trash the people afterwards... Say Diana Walstad for example.

Not really a nice guy at all.
That's the one I mentioned runs like a cult.

IMG_8520.pngIMG_8521.png

This is legit how cults are made. This is not cool and closes off so much.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store