Thorichthys aka Firemouths

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
awsome! and yes pitbull ( mike ) does have great fish! also got a shipment from him a few years ago ( i believe it was him? sent me some africans and ca/sa? ) anyways, got a meeki ( one ) with my africans atm ( yes not recomanded to mix species, but hes doing great, and hes not going to stay in with the africans, he will be going in with my chocolates/severums, in a different 55 soon. ) coloring up big time, should get a pic but my tank isnt the best right now ( only has 3 HUGE angel cones on there side ) anyways, i LOVE these fish! :)

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Been waiting almost a month now for them to pair up again Mike and still nothing. One of the males I know who his partner is only simply cause her anal fin looks like it has a piece missing like if it was bitten off but has had that since she was small. It's my other male I can't figure out who he was with.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
I guess time will tell, If the anal fin was like that when it was young more than likely it will stay that way unless something happens when it is older..

Thanks Douglas glad the fish are still doing good man..

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Yea I kinda figured as much Mike. It looks like a nip but doesn't heel up and a nip like that would only take a day or two to repair but she has been like that for well since I could really see the fish. I'm wondering if I pull out the other male and that female if the male I wanna keep will be more willing to pair up being the only male left.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Yeah i would think they should do so if the others were removed.. And i agree on the regeneration of the fin with a healthy fish in a healthy setup..

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
I guess time will tell, If the anal fin was like that when it was young more than likely it will stay that way unless something happens when it is older..

Thanks Douglas glad the fish are still doing good man..
sadly dont have none of the fish anymore :(

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
I just need to figure out which is the other male now. His fin extension seems to of been removed so now him and all the females look the same. Only one you could tell looks like a male is the male I like.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Man i was in my local pet shop today and they have a large M/F pair of regular Firemouths for 15 dollars for both that are sitting on a cloud of fry, i may go get them in a few days if i can do some rearranging..

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Sweet. That's if someone else doesn't snatch them up. I got Meeki there F1's but there still babies at about 1-1.5". If you get them pictures are a must. 

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store