True Albino Betta on Aquabid

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I wonder if 50-60 yrs ago, if we had the internet as we do today, if you would hear the same arguements off all the selective breeding of goldfish, that basically created some of the strains so admired and accepted today, in general.

As in so many issues, animal or human, time seems to breed acceptance...sometimes forced by law.

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Lol... Decades, centuries, your point remains the same. Domesticated color morphs go all the way back to the Tang Dynasty, and fancy varieties dates back to the Ming Dynasty. I think there is something to be said for preserving the centuries of history that some of these breeds represent.

JK_Fish

AC Members
Oct 2, 2010
Ga
Inka said:
Ah, so I guess you couldn't find any concrete source to back up your "fact" either then?
No, in the course of ten mintues of visiting some of my more favored reliable sites and googling, no, I could not find any concrete information.

If all I did in the previous post was repeat your oh-so-perfect words of wisdom, why are you still asking questions to prove me wrong?

If making up for the discomfort caused by their long fins makes it ok, how come making up for the potential and as yet unverified discomfort of albinism not an acceptable solution?
okay, if you look at it that way, then yes I guess being blind and sickly is the same as having slight difficulties moving around. Might I ask you how one might go around providing a good enviornment for a blind and sick betta to help it live its life in a healthy and good manner?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Plenty of water change and a varied high quality diet.

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Since you clearly still havent wrapped your head around the most important part of my argument, I'll stop beating a dead horse. Having articulated my point of view about as succinctly and clearly as I can, the rest is kind of out of my hands.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
**chuckles**

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
i know nothing about bettas but i have talked a few of the well known guppy breeds in my area. when they select a strain to work on breeding them back might make them weaker but once they get the line done they breed in others to strengthen them back up. i would assume they once they get the strain breeding closer to true they can put new blood in to strengthen them back up.

I was born with very poor eyesight. Should I remove myself from the gene pool now, and do everyone a favor? God forbid I send my detrimental genetics on to another generation of unsuspecting progeny.
can i answer this? lol

captaincaveman9

Innocent and Pure!
Oct 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Steve
If that is the case, then my "facts" are indeed facts. They are ancedotes from many other people, to the point where it is "common knowledge" as you put it, no? "Concrete evidence" is based on what exactly? Scientists proving something with their experiments no? well, technically, wouldn't that just be personal experiences from their own works?
JK Please tell me you are joking. There is HUGE difference between scientific observation and conclusion than personal observation. As someone who graduated with two science degrees, I take offense to saying a casual observer and scientific observation are the same thing!

JK_Fish

AC Members
Oct 2, 2010
Ga
Yes, I wasn't being completely serious in that last portion. Believe it or not, while my opinions may vary, I possess common sense, intelligence, and a brain.

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
it would be perfect for one of those cheesy .5 gallon bowls

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store