Tubifex Worms Anyone?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Loach guy

Loach guy
Dec 20, 2013
Michigan
Real Name
Scott
You're right star rider. I just went by what the LFS told me. This was back in the day (aging myself here) before the internet. After doing a little looking. What the LFS gave me, and what I was raising, was in fact some species of black worm. Either way, I am totally content with frozen bloodworms, and so are my fish. In the end, isn't that all that matters? LOL

qwe123

AC Members
Jul 30, 2008
Western Mass
I'll see what I can do for an ice pack or something (maybe one of those gel packs) to include in the box. I wouldn't add any food as that would just be more waste... I figured a normal fish bag (double bagged) with as much air as I can get in there, with just enough water to cover the worms. I thought about adding hornwort or something, but I don't know that it would actually absorb any ammonia in the dark...

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
You're right about hornwort not doing much in the dark. It would be cool to have a little in my tank though :) I think you have the right idea.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Alive and wiggling, all of the black worms Qwe sent were alive and well. They spent about 3 days in the box. I'm sure the cold weather helped as did the little blue reusable ice pack Qwe used to keep them cool. Thank you for experimenting with me!

Massachusetts to Florida worked out just fine. I doubt we could pull this off in summer time without foam insulation as well. That ice pack is still cool to the touch even after a whole day of sitting in my office. Great idea! I'll reuse it to ship someone else some worms after these multiply :)

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1393641602.230602.jpg

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Qwe your from massachusetts too?! Its a bit off topic but what LFS do you buy your fish from?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
It's not off topic, Kyle. We just saw success and you'd like to know Qwe's source. It's good that we can help each other. I really appreciate the kindness Qwe showed me :) That's what I'm all about... Us helping each other when we have a source, some knowledge, or a supply of our own we can share! That's why I'm here, and I look forward to paying Qwe's kindness forward.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Excellent news! Glad to hear it worked out in spite of all my nay-saying.

:)

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
School of Fish in Indian Orchard is where I get the worms from
http://www.schooloffishinc.com/

Aqua View Design in Northampton is where I prefer, but much smaller and doesn't carry everything I need
http://www.aquaviewdesign.com/
Ive never been to those. Ill have to go check them out. Ive only been to Uncle Neds Fish Factory, Tropical Isle, and Unique Aquaria. Theyre all good but it depends what your looking for.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store