Victorian cichlids

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bre001

AC Members
Jan 3, 2009
Very nice! I am not familiar with the Victorians so it is nice to see them! They are pretty....

They are not even anywhere near as pretty as they will get...Those are all just babies, so if you think they're pretty now just wait a little bit.

I will share a few pics of mine...I had posted a couple on the photo thread but will also add them here.

Here is a pic of 1 of my unknowns just starting to color..

Paralabidochromis Chromogynos

Xytichromis "kyoga flameback" This was my maturing male I lost a while back...

I will also be getting some Paralabidochromis "fire" uganda soon.

LadyBarbara001

Victorian addict
Jun 30, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Absolutely right Bre. I just love your Chromogynos. He's the most beautiful fish!

Vics are funny, at an inch they can start to color, and have babies! I have a couple of one inch fish holding mouthfuls of fry right now.

Bre001

AC Members
Jan 3, 2009
Absolutely right Bre. I just love your Chromogynos. He's the most beautiful fish!

Vics are funny, at an inch they can start to color, and have babies! I have a couple of one inch fish holding mouthfuls of fry right now.

Your Chromo's will look like this too once they get a touch bigger.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Wow sweet vickies aye that paralabido is awesome buddy..

LadyBarbara001

Victorian addict
Jun 30, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Unfortunately, I've had no success with my Atatotilapia Latifasciata. I've only had viable fry once, and those disappeared very quickly. I had read that they were excellent mothers, but mine didn't read that obviously. I am rehoming them to someone that may have better luck with them.

I'm keeping Haplochromis sp. "Kenya Golds", but at not even an inch, they are just little gray fry right now. I should be getting a colony of Haplochromis sp. "Ruby" in the near future, but those will be really small too. I got most of my Vics very small and have enjoyed watching them grow and develop.

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Wonderful lovely fishes! I'm in shock right now! I want to say thanks for all the info about Lake Victoria. And LadyBarbara001 and Bre001, welcome to AC; from now on you have a #001 fan in me.

LadyBarbara001

Victorian addict
Jun 30, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Wonderful lovely fishes! I'm in shock right now! I want to say thanks for all the info about Lake Victoria. And LadyBarbara001 and Bre001, welcome to AC; from now on you have a #001 fan in me.

Aren't you sweet!! I love to share pictures and info about my fish. I am quite the fish geek. I try to research a little bit every day, and learn something new about my fish.

LadyBarbara001

Victorian addict
Jun 30, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
I wanted to share this photo. It's about a month old. The fry are growing well, and doing well. I got 10 out of this batch, with one more I may need to cull.

These are Neochromis Omnicaeruleus fry. That is the mom, and she's very protective of her babies. I got a chance for one picture before she scooped them up.

Neochromis Omnicaeruleus isn't an endangered fish, although they are rare in the hobby. Their status seems to be good in the wild. They are fairly aggressive towards their own species...I had them kill a holding female before I could get her out.

Picture101-1.jpg

Dominant male

neochromis.jpg

Picture101-1.jpg neochromis.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store