Water Change, Fish Now Dying

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

budrecki

Trust me, it's for your own good.
Dec 17, 2005
Orlando,FL
Tiny, The boyfriend needs a good beating :Angel:

Big water changes, as much as you can remove with the fish still in there.

LunchBox

Me fail english? that's unpossible!
Feb 7, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
wow. that sucks. definitely kick him in the nuts, get a new bucket, and label it with big letters or keep it in a locked cabinet or something ;)

I make my wife help me with water changes so she knows exactly what bucket and other things I use when I do them :) might do you some good to make him help you ;)

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Jeez, you guys are pretty hard on the guy ;)

the fact that he even used a bucket with pinesol got passed over..sheesh..sounds like to me he was trying to help out around the house ;)

I'm pretty sure he never intended to do any harm... :dance2:

just make sure in the future he knows which buckets he can and can't use...

good luck

Pufferpoison

Like a dolls eyes
Feb 6, 2006
star_rider said:
Jeez, you guys are pretty hard on the guy ;)

the fact that he even used a bucket with pinesol got passed over..sheesh..sounds like to me he was trying to help out around the house ;)

I'm pretty sure he never intended to do any harm... :dance2:

just make sure in the future he knows which buckets he can and can't use...

good luck

too bad the fish had to suffer and pay the price of his mistake with their lives, too hard on him? NO

ROLLIN

fanta fanta, do you want a fanta?
Dec 4, 2001
New Brunswick, Canada
Same thing happened to me once. My father got the scrub bucket (he couldn't smell) and did a water change. We could smell pinesol for days. Surprisingly none of the fish died, I believe there were three goldfish in there at the time.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
gee puffer,'
since you decided to single my post.
I feel I need to respond ;)
having spent several years in law enforcement..I think yeah..he made a mistake but show me intent..

you might not like what happened but he never intended to do any harm.

so being hard on him proves what??

would you chastise a child for a mistake?

there was a hard lesson learned. my point was teach people and avoid the mistakes.

csdax

Not Crazy!
Mar 6, 2006
London, Ontario, Canada
lol. It's amazing how steamed up people can get about a hobby as 'peaceful' as keeping fish! :rolleyes:

I agree, star rider - the poor guy deserves some brownie points for cleaning the bathroom! We have Actus Reus, but no Mens Rea! (Nothing wrong with a little guilt, though!)

Btw, tinytnt - how are the rest of the fish?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store