Water Change, Fish Now Dying

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RanchuRick

Go Flames Go
Feb 19, 2005
To eliminate the risks of this type of accidents, use a drinking water container (with a screw on cap) for water change.

kody1192

AC Members
Mar 2, 2006
I would also suggest using stress zyme stress coat and use prime to even tho stress coat says it does a lot of the stuff prime does prime works way better and stress coat does stuff prime dosnt I add all three of those when I do water changes.

kyle3

AC Members
Mar 17, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
my first fish ever was murdered by a well intentioned step mom who took him out of the bowl but it in the dish washer and then put him back in- bubbles croaked quickly

vic21

Vic
Jan 19, 2006
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
Water issue

Glad to hear the mystery is solved. I had a sort of similar problem just after I initially put fish in my tank. Things were going fine then suddenly there was a spike in the readings. I did a water change and then went about trying to figure out the cause. A conversation with my spouse revealed that she had been feeding the folks as well. We had a wee chat and that doesn't happen anymore and, surprisingly the problem went away right away.
Hope all mends for you.
Cheers;

Last edited:

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
:help:

LOL

in criminal court

Murder is implied to humans:
"The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice"

also to have murder you generally need to have intent otherwise you may only get a manslaughter charge..key word..'man'...oops :duh:

LOL

you guys crack me up :D

daveedka

Purple is the color of Royalty
Jan 30, 2004
Columbus, ohio
My bucket has in big letters on it "For aquarium use only."
this is a requirement in my mind. I remember one of our members posting that he released a houskeeper who used his fish sink for cleaning agents (Second offense before she got fired I believe)
But either way things for fish should be marked to prevent innocent Boyfriends from killing your fish when they clean up the beer they spilled :laugh: :laugh:
dave

invisible1130

AC Members
Feb 18, 2006
I told my husband if he so even touched my aquarium bucket I was going to beat him with it! lol

mandimoron

raving platy fangirl
Oct 2, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
perturbedmango.net
RanchuRick said:
To eliminate the risks of this type of accidents, use a drinking water container (with a screw on cap) for water change.
That's what I do. I syphon old water into the mop bucket, and refill with water treated in a one gallon Pure Life spring water bottle. No one ever thinks to use the water bottle for anything else, since it's just not practical for any other purpose. I have teeny tanks, so this works for me, but might be more than a little inconvenient for people with bigger tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store