What do you recommend?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
nsamuel, I have just acquired 7 botia sidthimunkis a week ago, and so far they haven't bothered the ghost shrimp. I know they won't bother the long arm shrimp cause the shrimp are bigger than the sids. And they haven't bothered the spotted shrimp, either. Good luck.

NickD

AC Members
May 2, 2008
Maryland, USA
Well I finally got 8 black kuhlis, Pangio oblonga I believe. I wanted the banded ones but wasn't able to locate any. The good LFS doesn't get kuhlis often. The owner said they don't do well in the transfer. So I had to get them at PetSmart. They've been there a couple of weeks so I'm hoping they'll do OK at home. No quarantine tank so in they went into the 65g.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Well I finally got 8 black kuhlis, Pangio oblonga I believe. I wanted the banded ones but wasn't able to locate any. The good LFS doesn't get kuhlis often. The owner said they don't do well in the transfer. So I had to get them at PetSmart. They've been there a couple of weeks so I'm hoping they'll do OK at home. No quarantine tank so in they went into the 65g.
That's funny. I just posted this in another forum assuming those banded kuhlis in reference to are small at an inch size.;)

Black kuhlis are most likely Pangio oblonga. Banded ones range from Pangio kuhlii, Pangio myersi, Pangio pulla to Pangio semicincta. None are that difficult to keep to me. Is the LFS using different sources? The only explanation here is small loaches are more sensitive than adults and tend to become weaker even.

NickD

AC Members
May 2, 2008
Maryland, USA
Lupin, how much should I feed these guys? I have the Hikari Tropical sinking wafers which are about 1 cm diameter. How many of these and how often? I know I need to feed them after lights out, otherwise the other fish go into a feeding frenzy. I just fed them 3 of those.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Lupin, how much should I feed these guys? I have the Hikari Tropical sinking wafers which are about 1 cm diameter. How many of these and how often? I know I need to feed them after lights out, otherwise the other fish go into a feeding frenzy. I just fed them 3 of those.
Kuhlis will come out to eat, day or night. It doesn't matter. Give them 6 pieces to start with. Leftovers must be siphoned. Feeding though is no problem as they will eat anything you give them. Feed once or twice a day.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store