what is the BEST,BEST tannk heater

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
You put $100 of flora and fauna...in a 10 gallon tank? I dont know how you could have done that. The only way i could think of it would be that you had some expensive fish,or A LOT of plants.

laxdude

AC Members
Jan 29, 2015
VA
craploads of expensive plants for culturing (ex. 3 Madagascar lace plants!!!!) and countless otocinclus to keep the tank and plants in top condition. it was working pretty well up until that point. It was most definitely my worst experience as a fish keeper

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I had a 10 gallon heater (think it was an aqueon) and it actually overheated, killed all the fish, then proceeded to explode and trash the tank... it was no fun, had about $100 of combined flora and fauna in that tank...
Just curious how many watts this heater was. I'd never go higher than a 50w for a 10g.

laxdude

AC Members
Jan 29, 2015
VA
honestly, I'm not certain. this was about 4-5 years ago. there aren't any identifiable markings an the heater (or lack there of) but I know it was rated for 5-10 gallons.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store