who is your favorite poster?!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rosita

Here
Jan 11, 2006
Cape Fear River Basin
Sorry It's so Long. . . . .

After a rough Monday at the imitation-education center, I've piddled around all evening, just putting off one of my greatest pleasures of the day--visiting AC. Well, okay, I was on earlier today--I can't stay away. And why is this?

Not only do I have a passion for horses (thanks, DD, and I'll have new pix to post of "Delight's Blue Bob" (named for his daddy, Delight the Blue, and my dad, with whom I've developed an incredibly wonderful relationship after many years of ultimate storms), but with most all living creatures.(ok, why purpose do hornets serve?) Gosh, I'm actually tearing down my cheeks, must be that time (lol). Little did I know, four years ago, when I started with a betta (in a 2g container, ty), that the piscine world would fire another passion. (I saw someone use that little word in a post, loved it.) And when I decided to get my first tank after. . . . um, 1969, take from 2006--aw, heck, I can't do math!!) and began to explore the internet for information (datadog, here, bigtime) lo and behold, out of the multitude of aquarial sites, I landed in AC, and found home.

As with many other of you wonderful folks, I cannot say I have one favorite poster; being an extremely diverse and eclectic Air Force Brat and Artist, my heart, big as the moon, has embraced just about everyone (these hateful, horrible evil :troll: 's are as bad as the kids at school, and I thank somethinfishy so very much [huge long hug] for reminding me of who I really am). Ya'll have such great senses of humor of all kinds, I always come across a much-needed giggle, or even pee-in-my-pants hearty laugh in here.

Mondo bizarro in the GCC sometimes, ranting steam, sharing all kinds of parts of ourselves--Who'da thunk one could find/make such wonderful friendships in such a way, come to appreciate such different and valid points of view on fish-keeping, and folks who have the patience to walk us newbies through all sorts of questions that have been already asked in one form or another in one forum or another (what?) so we can be conscientious, successful keepers, too. Yes, I can be long-winded (understatement), guess it comes from ALL the years in higher academe, or I'm just garrulous as h*** like Bob (human LOL), but no, I'm not co-dependent on people here, it's not some kind of internet sickness or addiction--I'm just at a place in my life where I live only with my critterkids out in the country, and my other group of important peeps are in my Saddleclub.

Names are flying through my head--well, avatars first, I'm so visual--and words shared in the Chat Room (thank you all for accepting me and my quirkiness!! I'm really shunned at work, you wouldn't believe, yet here I'm accepted for the etherbeing I am. Man, I love the smilie wars (thanks for starting one again, and shifting the energy here--it was getting bad on all of us!!) All I can add is thank you all so very much for all you share of yourselves here, and know that each and every one is very special and beloved. Okay, it's a wrap, or a warp!! ~rosita (Renee) ;)

rosita

Here
Jan 11, 2006
Cape Fear River Basin
awwwwwwww, I'm tearing up again, thanks guys. It really comes from the heart!!!
reiverix--you're welcome to use it!! i make up weird words all the time, and it's nice to have someone appreciate it!!! :D

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle
Ya gotta love them free moderator vacations! We all enjoy it when someone gets one.

I am beginning to agree...I shouldn't have listed ppl...as I see more posts I see people I should have listed...*sigh*....

This is a unique place, that's for sure. Great mix of people...except for the :troll:

patoloco

De seguro no sabes lo que dice aqu
Oct 20, 2005
Costa Rica
wetpatoloco.tripod.com
I can't really choose a favorite poster, but I can tell what is my favorite line to read:

"We need to know your water parameters to help you. Ammonia, nitrites, nitrates..."

Specially when it's the third time she posts this and all she gets back is "my water parameters are fine".

And Roan, you know I am talking about you.

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
I suppose that would depend who or what is on the poster. Most of the posters I've had have been of frogs.

OHhhhh... you mean members here. uh I enjoy nice talks beside the fish tank with personable experienced aquarists who have a passion for what they keep.

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone ;)

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle
SnakeIce said:
OHhhhh... you mean members here. uh I enjoy nice talks beside the fish tank with personable experienced aquarists who have a passion for what they keep.

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone ;)
Just the :troll: :sim:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store