Why is Big Al's so popular?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jeremy S

AC Members
Jun 26, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
Big Al's has done price matches for me on several things. What I like to do is find the item that I am going to order on Big Al’s and then do a froogle search for it. After you froogle it you call them and give the web site name that had the lowest price and they’ll beat it by 5%. They even matched the price of the tronic heaters that pet solutions had on clearance. It does take them a little longer to ship your order then Drs Foster and Smith but I think it’s worth it.

Philbe

AC Members
Oct 13, 2003
ottawa canada
Visit site
If you don't have an Als store nearby, use the net prices and get the chains to match it . Example: Petcetra price for the fluval2 49.99, Als online 39.99, Als store 37.99. Guy at Petcetra called to verify and I had my credit. I suppose I'm lucky in that I have Als(not Kanata), Petsmart and a Petcetra within a 15min drive of each other.

KarlskidMarx

AC Members
Nov 25, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Never ordered from them, but I visit the mississauga store at least once a week.

The staff are knowledgeable, prices are the best, stock is healthy, and they have or can get anything you want.

I would not shop anywhere else.

PooCooper

AC Members
Dec 16, 2002
Visit site
I got my fluval 404s from big als for half the price compared to to the price at my lfs.

JazzyB

The Boys on the Move!
Sep 20, 2003
Canada
Anyone know if Big Al's LFS operation is expanding to Halifax, Nova Scotia? I remember reading about a month ago on their site something about a future location. If you've heard anything please let me know.

Halifax desperately needs LFS competition to drive down some of the inflated prices, especially on equipment.

MJMiller

AC Members
Mar 22, 2003
IN
Visit site
Just want to say that I have a hard time not laughing at all of the Big Al's discussion as it is also a fairly well-known "Gentlemen's" Club in Peoria, Ill.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store