Why is Big Al's so popular?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Originally posted by Dragon_Lord_Tia
at first i thourght the post ment big *** al of south park lol
A friend of mine thought --

www.bigalsonline meant,
www."bi-gals"online ........ :eek: LOL

~~~~~~

Big Al's prices are great! Even with shipping charges, I bought Onyx Sand from them. No LFS could come near the price...

Last edited:

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
I just edited my Profile... that's all..

joe schmoe

AC Members
Sep 20, 2000
Originally posted by Cearbhaill
They don't send confirmation emails or give you tracking numbers- nobody holds your hand in other words. The order just kind of shows up about a week and a half later for me in South Florida.
I wouldn't consider that a good thing. I ordered some Flourish Excel and a couple other things on the 7th...and as per their policy I received no tracking number. I called on the 18th to see where my order was, come to find out that my order was just sitting in their computer not going anywhere. I ended up getting the runaround for 4 calls, the end result being that my order will be shipped UPS 3 day express. That kinda made up for the runaround....not totally :rolleyes: .

The moral of the story?? Call them 3 days after you place your order and ask them for the tracking number (the orders don't receive tracking numbers until they get to the US and go through customs, hence the 3 day wait).

NJ Devils Fan

#1 Devils fan
Oct 28, 2002
Yonkers, NY
members.tripod.com
The only problem I have ever had is with my last order of flourish potassium and flourish iron. I ordered them on November 23 and I still haven't recieved it. I made about 3 or 4 calls and it turns out that it ws damaged and sent back to the warehouse. However, they never sent out another order. So, I called and they said they got the package back and would send out another order, except that they were out of stock of both things. The woman said I would get the order around wednesday and it's not saturday. It looks like I will be making another call. This is the only problem I have ever had with them.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Originally posted by NJ Devils Fan
...... I ordered them on November 23 and I still haven't recieved it. I........
They should look into these 'modern days' of shipments with Tracking Numbers. It sure would be a help to the customers.....

Matak

Out of the blue!
Jun 18, 2002
Near Toronto
Most companies are concerned about customer satisfaction. Should we send them a link to this thread to give them an idea about how we feel about their service etc?

It might be worth their while to create a two tiered shipping option like many other web based stores do. You pay big for 3 day delivery or less for 7 - 10 day shipping.

marsupialvomit

PARTY CAT!!!!!
Dec 13, 2003
Ohio
www.angelfire.com
what are you talking about. Big Al's is very reasonable and there prices are the lowest I can findm so just leave'em alone. Unless there are multiple complaints.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store